The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Questions on 7.0 combat styles

WNxAbaddon

Am really confused at the moment and am hoping someone can help me out.

My aim was to make a sith mara lvl her up before 7.0 then pick assassin as my advanced class can I still do this?

or

Do I have to make a new toon when 7.0 kicks off to do that, I hate the assassins companions and much prefer the mara class story and companions.

Am really confused at the moment and am hoping someone can help me out.

My aim was to make a sith mara lvl her up before 7.0 then pick assassin as my advanced class can I still do this?

or

Do I have to make a new toon when 7.0 kicks off to do that, I hate the assassins companions and much prefer the mara class story and companions.

You could, but you would be using your 2nd Combat style to do this. So you would only be able to choose Mara (as primary) and Sin (as secondary). Both would be permanent.

The other option would be if you wanted not to have the Mara combat style at all would be to wait until 7.0 comes out so you could have Assassin as your primary (with Warrior story) and choose something else as your secondary Combat Style.

Edited by Toraak

This sounds perfectly doable*, you'll have a Sith Warrior (base class) that can switch between Marauder and Assassin combat styles.

*Note, must be subscriber to utilize 2nd combat style

As mentioned above, the only reason this would have to be a thing is if you didn't want Marauder style as one of your 2 choices. Like if youw anted a Jugg/Assassin or Sorc/Assassin, you'd need to make a new character.