Can we get player-created activity finder?

AxelStorm

I think this would offer better efficiency to group content not queuable atm (World bosses, heroics, missions, etc). Right now only way i know to group for these is guild or spam general chat in fleet.

Similar to WoW, players can create a queue and select from list of options that are currently not in activity finder.

some restrictions would have to be put in place to prevent diluting current activity finder:

• Groups in a player-based queue cannot enter instances tied to activity finder (FP's, uprisings, story mode, etc)
  • No changes to existing 'fast travel' / quick travel methods
  • If player leaves the group, they are teleported back to previous location? (to stop exploiting of fast travel to certain areas)
  • Existing level restrictions apply when tying to a mission , world boss, etc..

Edited by AxelStorm

+ 1

How about filters? For class, GS (item level), player level, or even previously accomplished said mission. I'm not trying to be elitist, but when folks who are *** LEGENDARY PLAYERS *** (<-- misnomer if there ever was one), fail BASIC mechanics in *** STORY MODE *** ops, well, "Austin, we have a problem"

I don't think it would work in SWTOR because of no cross-server functionality. The playerbase on any one server is usually too small for really specialized activities. I agree there should be more activities though, especially during events. For example, it makes sense to have a world bosses queue for a limited time during Feast of Prosperity.

+ 1

How about filters? For class, GS (item level), player level, or even previously accomplished said mission. I'm not trying to be elitist, but when folks who are *** LEGENDARY PLAYERS *** (<-- misnomer if there ever was one), fail BASIC mechanics in *** STORY MODE *** ops, well, "Austin, we have a problem"

If it was implemented the way you wish, i would never ever use it. I am tired enough of those Elitist who are not elitist but would push away someone they think not good to join them.

Not every activity must be subject to high level of competence. Why simply not use the tool to group and help people who usually hesitate to join a group ? I dont include end game in that. I totally understand the need for competent and willing to progress for operations of high levels, BUT come on a world boss ? a FP ? Story mode ??? (those can be soloed with a robot)

Actually the gear level (rating) is shown on tooltip and that's enough for FP

Edited by mirellha

If it was implemented the way you wish, i would never ever use it. I am tired enough of those Elitist who are not elitist but would push away someone they think not good to join them.

Not every activity must be subject to high level of competence. Why simply not use the tool to group and help people who usually hesitate to join a group ? I dont include end game in that. I totally understand the need for competent and willing to progress for operations of high levels, BUT come on a world boss ? a FP ? Story mode ??? (those can be soloed with a robot)

Actually the gear level (rating) is shown on tooltip and that's enough for FP

Agreed my server has an abundance of these *****s