The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's up with the skewed loot

Zipacnaa

The more I'm playing the more baffled I am by the loot rewarded (FP).

If I have a green 320 belt --> the FP rewards a green 320 belt

If I have a green 322 helmet --> the FP rewards a green 322 helmet

If I have a blue 324 implant --> the FP rewards a blue 324 implant

I've yet to receive a single item that's been better than what I already have equipped, *after* hitting 320 rating. The sole source of upgrading my helmet to a 322 has been at the upgrade vendor, the same for the implants.

I know I have too small a dataset to counter any argue of 'random' ... but it sure does feel like rewards are skewed(or just messed up)

the loot you pick up from the bosses is not meant to be an upgrade // it is meant to be a sidegrade between different sources of gear // so if you are wearing conquest gear of a certain level you now have a matching piece of flashpoint gear that you can upgrade on that track. The only time flashpoints will give an upgraded piece is the box you get from completing the weekly.

The drops are your highest rated first not lowest. If you have a pants that is 322 and the rest lower rating you are more likely to get 322 pants any anything 320.

if you have only have one 318 all the rest higher you are most likely will never get that upgrade.

Vet flashpoints seem to top out at 324.

the loot you pick up from the bosses is not meant to be an upgrade // it is meant to be a sidegrade between different sources of gear // so if you are wearing conquest gear of a certain level you now have a matching piece of flashpoint gear that you can upgrade on that track. The only time flashpoints will give an upgraded piece is the box you get from completing the weekly.

if this truly is the case, then I'm lost for words. What an unbelievable grind it's going to be to get my alts up to speed.

Playing the PTS has killed my desire to play on the live server, knowing what they're doing to the game

if this truly is the case, then I'm lost for words. What an unbelievable grind it's going to be to get my alts up to speed.

Remember the gear is all legacy bound so you will only need 1 set of dps gear, 1 heals, 1 tank // set bonuses are on the legendary implants now instead of on armor // on pts i leveled up to 322 rating on a smuggler merc but then ran the stories on my inquisitor assassin wearing my boltblaster gear

Remember the gear is all legacy bound so you will only need 1 set of dps gear, 1 heals, 1 tank // set bonuses are on the legendary implants now instead of on armor // on pts i leveled up to 322 rating on a smuggler merc but then ran the stories on my inquisitor assassin wearing my boltblaster gear

This is much less practical if you play specs that need different levels of alacrity and/or crit to function correctly in endgame content, especially Ops and PVP. Same goes for tanks with defense, shield, and absorb. I never heal (find it too stressful to be fun) and I'm not sure about that role, but I'd be surprised if all 3 healing specs have the same stat requirements in 7.0.

Making up for differences with changing augments might be possible in some cases, but most likely you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage in doing so, and in other cases you simply don't have the stat budget left to do so with just augments.

Edited by arunav