The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No more battle rez for DPS?

Screaming_Ziva

Just played through Nathema on the PTS and was looking for my brez on my DPS Sorc and it is gone. Sorcs have had brez for 10 years and now it just gets removed? You can't even choose to spec into it? It's just gone? Why?

The only classes capable of resurrection during combat in 7.0+ are true heal specs. Stealth rez is gone.

The why, and I can't find it right now, was that it was a mechanic being heavily relied on and that the devs didn't want that reliance.

The only classes capable of resurrection during combat in 7.0+ are true heal specs. Stealth rez is gone.

The why, and I can't find it right now, was that it was a mechanic being heavily relied on and that the devs didn't want that reliance.

So now in veteran flashpoints, if you don't have a healer (which isn't required), you have no battle rez.

So now healers are mandatory. What ever happened to "we want you to be able to play the way you want? It's just another example of the devs thinking that we should play the game their way, and anything that doesn't conform to that vision should be wiped away and discarded.

So now the devs feel we need the holy trinity of tank, healer, dps, and by gods they are going to make sure we play that way.

Yes. They changed combat-stealth so that it no longer removes you from combat in ops & flashpoints, which removes stealth rez. To balance stealth rez being gone, they removed the global lockout/timer on battle rez. To balance that and prevent infinite battle-rez by off-healing dps, they removed brez from dps specs.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998128