The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How about just No...

Kyhiker

I have seen it happen. I suggested once that we go from one planetary target for conquest to a tiered multi-planet system. We now have a tiered multi-planet system. Others have also expressed that their suggestions have taken hold.

It does happen.

In any game I've played, over multiple decades .. this game has by far the most disconnected, uninterested and arrogant community "managers". I seem to keep coming back to this, but if I ran my business the way BW do .. well I'd not have a business.

They give no inspiration, and they give no hope. Their silly focus on influencers alone, speaks volume.

I agree and I believe the biggest thing that will piss people off is the new ultra grindy and broken gearing system. Seriously why the hell did they need to create a whole new gearing system when they could've easily just made higher rating gear with the same mechanics and properties as 6.0 gear. Same with earning the gear. Now we have many different kinds of gear...and if you want max gear rating like most completionists do. You have to play NiM operations for 330 gear. Like seriously?! So if I want max gear I have to play the most stress inducing and toxic content in the game. So bad to the point where raiding guilds will "train" you in HM ops before even considering you for NiM ops. Sorry guys but if I wanted to be "trained" and considered like so damn career. I wouldn't be playing this game I'd be getting a new job. This is a GAME. Not a damn job. Why not just make it so every player can get max gear like 6.0?! How hard is that?! So yeah this update is going to lose a lot of players because they will be locked out of a lot of gear. They have to deal with buffed enemies and their nerfed level 80 characters with less abilities and less DPS than before (cause the new garbage story and conquest gear has more endurance than mastery and power). Overall if this is how 7.0 will be. Might as well prepare to cut your subscription cause we will be entering the dark days of this game. For all the time they spent breaking this MMO. They could've been making amazing story content...

How about more new content? If you want to increase levels to 80, that is fine. Just add a new ability or two to each of the characters.

The majority of us are with you. Its comical there's this common sense of "Its an expansion which should mean a lot of new content and new fun stuff" vs. "To improve gameplay we're removing fun features, nerfing everyone, oh and here is a level and we'll release another one later promise."

Guy in the off topic said one of the BW GMs said they were working to earn back fans trust and yet here we have a shining example of the exact opposite.

I agree and I believe the biggest thing that will piss people off is the new ultra grindy and broken gearing system. Seriously why the hell did they need to create a whole new gearing system when they could've easily just made higher rating gear with the same mechanics and properties as 6.0 gear. Same with earning the gear. Now we have many different kinds of gear...and if you want max gear rating like most completionists do. You have to play NiM operations for 330 gear. Like seriously?! So if I want max gear I have to play the most stress inducing and toxic content in the game. So bad to the point where raiding guilds will "train" you in HM ops before even considering you for NiM ops. Sorry guys but if I wanted to be "trained" and considered like so damn career. I wouldn't be playing this game I'd be getting a new job. This is a GAME. Not a damn job. Why not just make it so every player can get max gear like 6.0?! How hard is that?! So yeah this update is going to lose a lot of players because they will be locked out of a lot of gear. They have to deal with buffed enemies and their nerfed level 80 characters with less abilities and less DPS than before (cause the new garbage story and conquest gear has more endurance than mastery and power). Overall if this is how 7.0 will be. Might as well prepare to cut your subscription cause we will be entering the dark days of this game. For all the time they spent breaking this MMO. They could've been making amazing story content...

I could NOT agree with you more!!! This is exactly how I feel as well!!

Honestly this update to me is going to more then likely be the breaking point for alot of people for this game.

I loved it since i first played it even have the founder title to prove it but this is once again another xpax of failour, just like with KOTFE and KOTET both those past xpaxs did massive damage to the game and caused alot of player to leave and this to me if it goes live the way it is now is going to be the final nail for me.

I play a mara and i don't know what mara's did to the devs but we have been getting nerfed and nerfed every xpax and now we are honestly weaker then we have ever been, it's to the point i'm honest just considering rerolling to a jug they do everything we do but have more armor, health and defences so whats the point of sticking it the mara other then all my items are on her.

But it's not just that even the gearing and the gear it self is a massive downgrade since now we can't even mod out new gear so we won't even have perfect stats anymore or even just having the right amount of acc just so we can hit things which has been a massive issue while testing.

I don't see this going over well for alot of people if they could make it that when we log in at the start that out toons already in play that we could reroll and they could do it easy just put on the cartel store to let us repick our classes it would be so much better because it would let us that have toons that we have fallen in love with and want to still play but not have us screwed by these class changes.