The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR 7.0 is the worst expansion to date ?

DavidAtkinson

Being here since launch my biggest "I have a bad feeling about this" moment was when devs were pulled from the game to work on Anthem and NOTHING happened here...as in a total drop off in content and the feeling that maintenance mode was here and Anthem was were it was at.

Now, while 7.0 and the 10th anniversary has been pretty dreadful, no question, the fact that Keith indicated that there was great plans for year 10 and indeed, into the future and that we see the hiring of staff for the game and that it, along with Mass Effect and Dragon Age has been explicitly mentioned in Bioware's plans while Anthem is being dropped gives me some kernal of hope for the future of this game.

I hated the Chapter by month KOTET/KOTFE carry on, but at least it was content. I enjoy the Galactic Seasons time filler but its a extremely poor showing for 2022 so far and I only hope that Keith addresses the elephant in the room at tomorrow's dev stream and gives an honest account of what will be done for 2022 and then 2023.

I haven't mentioned the wall of bugs that need addressing and I'd prefer not to think of how many more will arrive with 7.1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem with 7.0 is that it sucked all the fun out of the game.

Everything feels like a great slog, grindy, bugged, repetitive, discouraging, not rewarding and an absolutely waste of time.

One look on how much more tech fragments I need, how often I have to run Nefra NiM again and how useless all other things are and I just want to log out.

Normally when I sub, I like to run ops with my guild. Can't do that anymore since you have to be 80. I've got one char at 80, on a different server then my guild. The fastest way to level of course is to do the new expansion but I only have a few mains doing the endgame story. That leaves 55+ other alts all at 75 who i planned to reach 80, but after doing it for a few weeks, none of them are close. Partly because I just don't have as much interest in the game as I did in 6.0.

Until the recent patch, one of the things that gave me direction was to run the GS weekly objectives, because they gave the syndicate plans needed to max rep. It was stuck on the last week of GS, which wasn't great--doing liabilities of corellia 3-4 weeks in a row got pretty old--but it was something, and would have been something good if they had simply rotated it like during GS. Then they took that away, even though it cost them nothing to leave it and it would have made grinding the remaining rep much easier.

Edited by Ardrossan