The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Changing Combat Styles is automatically saving over the currently activated loadout

-Messiah

I'm annoyed by this as well. Currently need to make sure to create a new loadout first and swap to it so your current loadout is not affected.

At least a confirmation saying "are you sure you want to overwrite your current loadout" would be useful

Yes it should warn you. PTS is always a WIP.. Something they need to put in but yeah you have to remember.

On the pts for the purpose of swapping a combat style and/or combat proficiency It's the loadout you'll be using after you get each set with the gear, wardrobe and ui/keybinds setup you want. So you'll only need the loadouts after gearing up etc.

I kept moving stuff around with just the same loadout on the combat style tab then clicked to back to main style and the abilities didn't stay. But as soon as I made 3, 4 or 5 loadouts all with a different spec and combat style they all saved where they were on the bars. There was a bug at times with certain abilities multiplying on the bars.

So if you want a new combat style saved and not changed remember you only need to put it on a new loadout as it is saved in real time. Even when you move around abilities or gear make sure you know which loadout your on.

You need to switch through Loadouts, not through the Combat Styles screen (make one loadout, create another, switch style, save to the new loadout). Then everything gets preserved (you also need room in inventory to make the switch)

it is not really intuitive, and definitely needs some work.

You need to switch through Loadouts, not through the Combat Styles screen (make one loadout, create another, switch style, save to the new loadout). Then everything gets preserved (you also need room in inventory to make the switch)

it is not really intuitive, and definitely needs some work.

We definitely should get something separate for the gear like a special vault that solely interacts with the loadouts

We definitely should get something separate for the gear like a special vault that solely interacts with the loadouts

I think just marking the items that are part of loadout in inventory would be fine, to avoid accidentally selling stuff.

You need to carry extra set gear when you are regularly switching specs now, so this is not really that different (I do not think many people will be switching between all 6 available talent trees that often, so it shouldn't really cause much bloat in inventory).