The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Action Bar on Combat Style Swap

Koldcyssis

I'm a healer for my team, but level solo most of the time. The PTR combat style swap looks cool on paper, until you actually use it. Clicking on another combat style scrambles your existing action bars when it takes out the spells you no longer use and sub in the ones you would use with the different spec.

Unfortunately, it doesn't go back to the way it was when you switch your combat back. I spent a lot of time trying to set up my bars with the rotations I need, and then have them just randomly changed.

How about a complete new set of action bars for each combat style? You can set it up the way you need it to be and have it there when you swap between specs.

I'm a healer for my team, but level solo most of the time. The PTR combat style swap looks cool on paper, until you actually use it. Clicking on another combat style scrambles your existing action bars when it takes out the spells you no longer use and sub in the ones you would use with the different spec.

Unfortunately, it doesn't go back to the way it was when you switch your combat back. I spent a lot of time trying to set up my bars with the rotations I need, and then have them just randomly changed.

How about a complete new set of action bars for each combat style? You can set it up the way you need it to be and have it there when you swap between specs.

I have noticed this too, what I did was save on a load out and swap over, that seems to save all your quickbar settings. Now if only you can delete a load out or so, because you can max out your loadouts quickly

If only this loadout would save all the abilities in position on ur bar that would be awesome!!

Now when swapping spec or class abilities are just swapped out and you have to reposition every abilties for that class/spec. Same as on live server!!! this makes this loadout system totally useless unless you play the same class just adjust different utilities.....

This could have been so much more...

I was really hyped for this new combat system until I recently tried it on the test server. And you guys are right! This looks great on paper, but does NOT work very well in practice. I thought the whole point of having a Primary/Secondary combat style was so that you could swap back and forth easily on-the-fly. But sadly that is NOT the case. Any time you swap PRI/SEC styles your ENTIRE hotbar gets totally scrambled. This needs to be fixed so that once you set your hotbars up they are saved that way and they stay that way, so that a simple PRI/SEC style swap on any given loadout is fast an painless. Having to completely rework your entire hotbar every time you swap styles is extremally tedious and time consuming. And having to use up a loadout slot simply to save a hotbar setup is ridiculous.

The other thing that bothers me, is that once your pick your Primary and Secondary styles, those are the two that character is stuck with. You cant currently change them. You can change the style disciplines but not the entire style itself. I thought that was the whole point of the loadout system, so that you could have different combat style combinations saved to each loadout. At least that is the way they advertised it.

this is how I think this should work.

1. Players need the ability to Change their Primary and Secondary Combat styles (Possibly as a purchased legacy unlock)
  2. Each loadout slot saves a different Primary and Secondary Combat Style combination.
  3. Within each loadout, the UI needs to save the hotbar setup for both the Primary and Secondary Styles once they are set by the player.

Edited by cblodgett

I tried the following yesterday:

1. Copied over a character and leveled to 80.

2. Picked my Combat Styles; I wanted to only pick the first one and leave the choice of second one to a later date but it forced me to choose both at the same time. That was frustrating.

3. Set up my Quick Bars and saved them to a Loadout (and named it as well.)

4. I clicked on one of the other Disciplines in that Combat Style to see what they did with it.

5. My Quick Bars got scrambled as if I had chosen to switch to that Discipline?! I only wanted to look at it like we can now in 6.X

6. I clicked on my regular Discipline and the Quick Bars got scrambled again but not similar to what I had originally.

7. I didn't find any way to switch to my saved Loadout. (This is the real issue and I might have missed some way to do it.)

Edited by mike_carton