The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Questioning the logic behind 7.0 ability changes

--Dario--

I don't understand what makes the dev team believe we want to forego what few build choices we had in the utility tree, and instead choose between abilities we already have by default on live? They didn't even make the worthless abilities in need of pruning have any real value. They just took bad abilities and are asking us to choose between having useless/niche abilities and vital/core rotation abilities. I cannot fathom the conversations that surely took place before coming to the conclusion that this was the right direction for the game.

The combat is already slow and clunky enough. It's down right boring and very repetitive, and instead of making it faster, intuitive or complex, they've dumbed it down even further. Still can't change tacticals mid combat, or equip 2 or 3 and swap between them in combat. Whats the point of combat styles if we cant swap them mid combat? Is it just so we might buy more costumes for the characters that we play?

Was removing all our utility picks and 3 or 4 pointless abilities really the grand plan? Is this the best Bioware is capable of? Do these devs seriously not have any better idea for how to make this game fun again? Am I the only one that feels this way, cause if so i'll just be moving on and throwing my money somewhere else. I really love SWTOR but these changes feel like blind shots in the dark.

I don't understand what makes the dev team believe we want to forego what few build choices we had in the utility tree, and instead choose between abilities we already have by default on live? They didn't even make the worthless abilities in need of pruning have any real value. They just took bad abilities and are asking us to choose between having useless/niche abilities and vital/core rotation abilities. I cannot fathom the conversations that surely took place before coming to the conclusion that this was the right direction for the game.

The combat is already slow and clunky enough. It's down right boring and very repetitive, and instead of making it faster, intuitive or complex, they've dumbed it down even further. Still can't change tacticals mid combat, or equip 2 or 3 and swap between them in combat. Whats the point of combat styles if we cant swap them mid combat? Is it just so we might buy more costumes for the characters that we play?

Was removing all our utility picks and 3 or 4 pointless abilities really the grand plan? Is this the best Bioware is capable of? Do these devs seriously not have any better idea for how to make this game fun again? Am I the only one that feels this way, cause if so i'll just be moving on and throwing my money somewhere else. I really love SWTOR but these changes feel like blind shots in the dark.

I am unsure of what problem they are trying to solve with the pruning, since they are pruning abilities which...werent really part of a rotation so i dont see why or where the benefit is to pruning them.

The new loadout / combat styles IS a cool new feature, but unfortunately its actually lacking real practical use at the moment.

• Group Finder doesnt ackknowledge your two combat style roles
  • You cannot swap combat styles in any instance / content - even if you only want to swap between two dps loadouts
  • Not being able to do point 1 and 2 actually kind of makes the entire thing useless except for very small edge cases

I am unsure of what problem they are trying to solve with the pruning, since they are pruning abilities which...werent really part of a rotation so i dont see why or where the benefit is to pruning them.

The new loadout / combat styles IS a cool new feature, but unfortunately its actually lacking real practical use at the moment.

• Group Finder doesnt ackknowledge your two combat style roles
  • You cannot swap combat styles in any instance / content - even if you only want to swap between two dps loadouts
  • Not being able to do point 1 and 2 actually kind of makes the entire thing useless except for very small edge cases

If I'm about to walk in the door on my combo Jedi Knight Tank / Sage Seer Healer and I'm tanking and suddenly we've enough tanks but not enough heals, flipping loads will be useful. Also useful in situations when you know an op favors melee classes (or ranged) and you're a DPS spec and can easily flip to match the situation. Lots of scenarios.

Excellent feature. Everquest 2 has the exact same thing regarding load-outs, and you can save as many of them as you like to match a given situation, even within the same class.