The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

actual sets still gated by class in 7.0 ?

mirellha

I thought that with 7.0 the actual sets would loose their buffs and the gating class. Though it seems not.

http://www.zoopsie.co/img/swtor/sets.jpg

-----

The sets Descent of the fearless is still fully actif, with buffs and tacticals

Do the quest A change in the force. Choose shadow as second combat.

If i swtich to the second combat of course and its normal the set is unequiped.

If i go back to sentinel, sets can be used with all the buffs again.

Could i get some more precise info please about the use of the old sets and tacticals ?

Will they be still gated by classes ? And will they be of any use ?

Created a lv 1, boosted to 80, equiped with old set 75 : buffs removed. Class gating still in applied.

Tactical and implants and augment still working fine.

------

Too bad i was badly adviced to still get the old set and equip them. Because those even bound to legacy do not work for other characters.

The best is to mods a sha'teck armor with augment, that way if you level several characters, you can just swap the armor

Edited by mirellha

nope, set buffs will be in the form of legendaries. you will get two legendaries max, each with set bonuses to mix and match, they will not be armor, they will be in the implant slots i think. Set bonuses from armor are gone after you level up to 76 with old sets, unusable (set piece).

you can use your old tacticals, some class bound.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211027

Edited by SaerethDL

Thanks for answering but to this day, i still not have a direct and clear answer concerning the old set and class gating.

On the test i did, with a lv 80, the old set 75 can be worn BUT it is still labeled Required Jedit Knight ....... so it seems that the article you quoted speak only of the possibiity to mismatch and use those as outfit ON the character owning the set right ?

Or any alt who would be also the same class.

But you can not use the old set as any armor for any class right ? so its still gated, and when i bought the smuggler set, i just did something stupid as i will never use it in fact.