The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regnant too hard on solo mode

AgentPipsqueak

Unless there is a secret I can't see yet, my gunslinger and my sentinel can't get past trying to take down the 3rd core either. I can't use any of my good abilities due to having to dance around all the spam and spawns plus the NPC healer can't keep up with any of this and stands in the middle of all the stuff getting hit by literally everything.

I also noticed that the healing blocks aren't interactable so you can't use them. So no help there.

Also your companion get stuck in a retarded loop of not being able to move unless you put them into passive, but as soon as you put them back active they go to the middle of crap and get stuck not moving again.

Edited by Emperor_Baughb

I could get through two groups of droids. I guess the point is to get the healers down first, then kill the weaker ones until the strongest. But they are all over one another. And why three mobs? One was enough. I did not get the point if that flashpoint anyway. An unhabitated planet where I am sent to kill animals, then robots with no story at all. The 3 first chapters of TOR and the Eternal Throne were stories. If it is just to spend my time killing things, I got apps on my phones.

• 1 month later...
It’s difficult but not impossible. It just takes a little ingenuity. First of all, do not go near the guardian robots. You don’t want them to activate. Stay up against the wall and get as close as you can to the shield generating droids to shoot at them or throw your lightsaber(s). This is the safest way to get rid of them it just takes a little while. You can approach them to hit them directly but you have to make sure the guardian robots don’t activate. Right before you destroy the last one dismiss Tau because she’ll head for the main computer brain and activate the guardian robots. In the event that the guardian robots do activate let Lana deal with them. Stay away from her and let her draw them away from you. For some reason they were unable to kill her when I did this. While they’re busy with her you’re free to kill the main brain computer. One more thing, healing blocks do heal, all you have to do is stand in them. Edited by gimmethegame

Have they decreased the solo mode difficulty of Regnant on Live? I didn't play the PTS to compare, but I've put 3 characters through the solo FP without any difficulties during Regnant (and didn't bother avoiding aggro of the guardians either)

From what I can tell no they haven't. I had no issues doing it for the main story line, picked up the solo mission quest for it, and I keep getting killed. I take a ton of damage and my companion who is influence rank 50 can not keep up at all. It is frustrating to say the least. I have an item rating of 321. I have tried it a few times with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone having problem actually seeing or being able to target all the mobs?

I've noticed that when your camera angle is just right, you can't even see the adds. I have to constantly move up and down my camera view to see them. If I don't see them, I can't TAB target them. When I do see them, TAB targeting works fine.

I've had others say it's hard to see them too. Not sure if its cause the walls around the area are causing this or what but it really makes this boss encounter beyond enjoyable.

Is anyone having problem actually seeing or being able to target all the mobs?

I've noticed that when your camera angle is just right, you can't even see the adds. I have to constantly move up and down my camera view to see them. If I don't see them, I can't TAB target them. When I do see them, TAB targeting works fine.

I've had others say it's hard to see them too. Not sure if its cause the walls around the area are causing this or what but it really makes this boss encounter beyond enjoyable.

Yeah, was having this issue quite a bit when I ran through to test Malgus. Don't remember having this issue on my 2 runs on the live server.

I ran into the same issue. The adds are just putting out too much damage now. Wasn't like that the last time PTS was up. I did have and issue with regnant on the live server with my agent as well. Seven other characters that I ran through it didn't have near the difficulty.