The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No weapon in cutscenes with certain class/combat style combos

Eranis

I've been playing the Sith Warrior story with the Assassin combat style for a bit now (up to Balmorra) and in most cutscenes where the character uses their lightsaber the old animation is showing (the one with a one-handed lightsaber), but no weapon is in hand, which is really immersion breaking and, frankly, looks silly. I guess the Jedi Knight with Shadow combat style has the same problem.

I really hope they are planning to add new animations in the old cutscenes for the dual-saber combat styles, because the character swinging an invisible weapon really diminishes the story experience.

Well considering double-bladed lightsabers don't have their own animations in cinematics on the live build when playing a shadow/sin I wouldn't get your hopes up. The most you can expect is the invisible weapons bug to be fixed at which point you can say hello to awkwardly impaling yourself because your character thinks they are holding a single saber.

Well considering double-bladed lightsabers don't have their own animations in cinematics on the live build when playing a shadow/sin I wouldn't get your hopes up. The most you can expect is the invisible weapons bug to be fixed at which point you can say hello to awkwardly impaling yourself because your character thinks they are holding a single saber.

Yeah, I know and I totally expected this to be an issue, so I'm not surprised at all. I'm not either getting my hopes up with their track record of fixing immersion breaking bugs in cutscenes, but I thought it's better to speak up, so there might at least be the sliver of a chance that this will get fixed. If I were a new player, this would really not make a good impression at all. There are way too many cutscenes where the SW uses their lightsaber.

As it stands now, I will just avoid rolling a dual-saber combat style for JK and SW class quests, which is kind of sad.