I posted last night

Lordtothesquire

I posted last night requesting advice on how to kill Lieutenant Marcovic in the quest New Intelligence. Since then I spend ~2 hours grinding to get to level 17. I took another shot to kill him, again, failing miserably. I guess this game isn't for me, because I can't figure out how to kill one godforsaken guy, a guy that is part of the main storyline and thus unskippable.

I'm not spending another 5-6 hours to get a whole level grinding.

I posted last night requesting advice on how to kill Lieutenant Marcovic in the quest New Intelligence. Since then I spend ~2 hours grinding to get to level 17. I took another shot to kill him, again, failing miserably. I guess this game isn't for me, because I can't figure out how to kill one godforsaken guy, a guy that is part of the main storyline and thus unskippable.

Grab a friend. I had to do that with one of the Inquisitor class quests on Balmorra. And switching back to Khem Val for one of the class quests on Tattooine made it go a lot more smoothly (I just pulled Mr ex-Pirate back out for the final talky bit).

What Class/AC are you? I did this guy last night as a level 17 Jedi Guardian with Kira. I'm not the best player by far but didn't think he was to tuff.

Edited by Rialth

The problem can be many things, but let's get some info, since we all don't have the details about this quest memorized:

What level is the boss? 1 level can make a big difference in this.

Is your gear repaired? Have you upgraded your gear to your level, or close to it?

Sometimes it is just strategy, i.e. having your companion pull the boss instead of you, using techniques like line of sight etc, having medpacs, stims, etc.

I'm pretty sure you can down this boss... the devil is in the details.

Not familiar with that one, but some tips. Use CC, and turn off AoE attacks on your companion, that way they will not break CCs. Use stuns and interrupts whenever you can, and have some healing stims handy if needed. If more help is needed, get someone to help. Not sure what else I can recommend.