The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Testing the wrong content

BrightMojo

Why do we have to do the first planet to get a level boost, even once we have done the 1st planet we have to do the next planet to get our ship to unlock our second combat style (advanced class), time is precious and our time is being wasted on 10 year old content to be able to test the new content.

I guess I know what you mean, right now players are simply testing stuff that they have spent years playing, I mean I have no requirement for loadouts until I get a second combat style.

Also they are asking us to test the new levelling experience but I feel that without access to our legacy, cash and cartel market cosmetics we are actually testing a "new player experience" which nobody playing the PTS is really qualified to do because we already know so much about the game

I guess I know what you mean, right now players are simply testing stuff that they have spent years playing, I mean I have no requirement for loadouts until I get a second combat style.

Also they are asking us to test the new levelling experience but I feel that without access to our legacy, cash and cartel market cosmetics we are actually testing a "new player experience" which nobody playing the PTS is really qualified to do because we already know so much about the game

On the contrary, knowing the game is essential to testing the "new player" experience. A new player would have no idea how things should operate and would not be able to determine whether the systems are working properly since they have not seen them before.

No I want to test the new content, the new ui, the new abilities/ class changes, I dont know of any changes to the levelling content for the 2 planets i've just re done because i havnt played them in 10 years

Do whatever you want. The rest of us testing whatever we want won't affect you. Just because the devs want a particular thing tested doesn't mean you're locked into doing that.