Hah! Okay.... Did I make a booboo?

acupunctureguy

Wanted to transfer credits from one of my alt accounts to my main account.

Straight forward, right?

Indeed!

Somehow, clicked the COD option and sent the credits over.

Realised what I must have done, but instead of just adding the credits "asked" .... I hit return to sender!

Now, it gets interesting....

I received the returned mail on my alt account, and THEN PROCEEDED to send the amount asked for in the COD option, BACK to my main account, which I received all well and good.

the ISSUE .... is that somehow the intended amount of credits that I wanted to transfer .... (it was a lot, by my counts, A couple of Billion, collected over time: just less of the player inventory limit) ... has vanished and neither account, my main or alt, has received the initial amount that was being transferred.

Did I just lose 4bill worth of credits? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Or is it in limbo for the 3 day COD period and is just confused due to my stupid *** decision making?:o:o:o:o:o:o

UPDATE!!!!

I had a mail still in my inbox of my alt account that was colour coded dark yellow, and that was the returned mail from my main account.

I deleted that in hopes that it would reverse whatever has happened and return the credits that are in between accounts.

Nothing yet.

Should I have done that?

Am I just having a really bad day??? :o:o:o:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Wanted to transfer credits from one of my alt accounts to my main account.

Straight forward, right?

Indeed!

Somehow, clicked the COD option and sent the credits over.

Realised what I must have done, but instead of just adding the credits "asked" .... I hit return to sender!

Now, it gets interesting....

I received the returned mail on my alt account, and THEN PROCEEDED to send the amount asked for in the COD option, BACK to my main account, which I received all well and good.

the ISSUE .... is that somehow the intended amount of credits that I wanted to transfer .... (it was a lot, by my counts, A couple of Billion, collected over time: just less of the player inventory limit) ... has vanished and neither account, my main or alt, has received the initial amount that was being transferred.

Did I just lose 4bill worth of credits? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Or is it in limbo for the 3 day COD period and is just confused due to my stupid *** decision making?:o:o:o:o:o:o

One possible reason, if the account that you transferred credits to is not a subscriber account, anything over 1 million credits is now held hostage by the game by being put in something called Escrow. The only way to free those credits is to spend cartel coins or subscribe on that account. Of course, you wouldn't have been able to send more than 1 million credits on a non-subscriber account to begin with.

Edited by xordevoreaux

A possible issue is that the 4 billion limit is actually in place to prevent the 32 bit credits variable from wrapping around to zero when it reaches 4.294.967.296 (2^32).

If you somehow manage to claim 4 billion on a char that already has, say, 500 million, you might hit the credit cap and lose 200 mil in the best case, or in the worst case wrap around and end up having only 200 million left.

In either case CS might be able to analyze what happened and return the credits (maybe PM Jackie first), but you need to report it better sooner than later and be very specific about what you've actually done - I for one am not sure whether you sent a COD mail from account A to B, returned it from B to A and then on A were able to pay the COD amount on the returned mail, or whether you just send another mail with 4 billion from A to B afterwards.

Edited by Mubrak

• 4 weeks later...