The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding Specific Classes with Different Origins and Their Attributes and Abilities

LittleSarge

Pros so far:

All tech classes and force classes work with their different origin stories.

A great way of improving player freedom with how they want their characters to feel, either in roleplay or combat.

Some abilities from older builds of the game are returning. Nostalgia.

Flashpoints will feel so much more replay-able with the new class system.

PvP will be nuts.

Cons so far:

Trainers need to be fixed, say if you are player a Imp character with a republic class, or vice-versa.

Sith Juggernaut and Jedi Guardian need some ability tweaks, FOR THE BETTER PLEASE!!!

(Not really a con, but might as well mention it) > > > I get so tripped out hearing a Consular voice while playing a Jedi knight class. (Just something funny about me :) )

Last con so far: You guys have removed some crucial abilities for certain classes, including but not limited to:

'Sith Jugg tank and Jedi Guardian tank.' Also 'Sniper stun, Sorcerer stun and Operative Stun' Please just add them back. It will make people happier and less spergy.

Honorable Mentions:

Make Ravage and Blade Barrage (AKA Master Strike) channeled abilities again. It felt so immersive when I was whipping *** (Pardon me) with those as Jedi and Sith. And maybe make it so they are Light and Dark Abilities?

Just a thought.

Summary:

So far so good, but more improvements needed, but I have faith in you guys. I grew up with this game when I started playing back in 2014. My Dad introduced it to me and it became my favorite game to play (Over 2k hours on 3 diff accounts on the years). Please take my advice, as I am a lowly fan, wanting this game to be great, and greater still.

Thanks for the memories,

-LittleSarge

Why will FPs be more replayable? I don't see how that makes much sense as a pro.

Another debatable pro is players having freedom over how they want their characters to feel in combat. Most of the feedback here has been about how changing abilities and passives so much alters the feel of classes for the worse, and takes away what had been basic abilities from classes, either by choice or entirely, some as basic as 1.0 launch abilities.

Edited by arunav

Not sure how PvP will be nuts. Won't people still just show up with their favorite combat style to PvP with, just like before?

Someone could have made a Smuggler look like a Trooper already. So, now it would just be a Trooper using Gunslinger.

Doesn't feel like anything will change outside of the fact that some of us can have that feel we wish we could've had in those origin stories. :)

PvP will be nuts in the sense that some combat styles are horrifically underbalanced compared to others rn, so hopefully that is fixed before launch.

In terms of stuns, I don't want them back tbh. Keep them out, having less CC will improve PvP a lot. It's called Stun Wars for a reason.

I'm honestly surprised that trainers are still a thing, it'd be much easier to just auto learn everything. So many new players don't realise they even have new skills and having to separately learn new skills for each combat style and some disciplines within those (pyrotech not having shatter slug but ap does for e.g.) is silly.

PvP will be nuts in the sense that some combat styles are horrifically underbalanced compared to others rn, so hopefully that is fixed before launch.

In terms of stuns, I don't want them back tbh. Keep them out, having less CC will improve PvP a lot. It's called Stun Wars for a reason.

I'm honestly surprised that trainers are still a thing, it'd be much easier to just auto learn everything. So many new players don't realise they even have new skills and having to separately learn new skills for each combat style and some disciplines within those (pyrotech not having shatter slug but ap does for e.g.) is silly.

No trainer, we'd lose the need for the trainers some spent good money on in terms of holo statue trainers.