The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will we be able to import/export loadouts?

Sounders_Fan

Key Bindings and UI layouts are saved on your local PC/client; not on the server. so I am assuming that loadouts will also be saved client side.

my question: will we be able to export/import the loadouts similar to key binds?

The import/export of key binds is very useful to those that A) use the same bindings on multiple characters, B) play on multiple PCs or C) build a get a new PC. and these benefits would apply to those that play multiple of the same class (or combat style if you prefer)

Key Bindings and UI layouts are saved on your local PC/client; not on the server. so I am assuming that loadouts will also be saved client side.

That sounds like an extremely bad idea. What if you use multiple PCs to play?(1) Do you really want your loadouts to not follow you between PCs?

(1) Perhaps because, like me earlier this year, you are victim of a short-circuit on your motherboard, and you can't even power up the PC to copy data off of it. The laptop is more than adequate to play SWTOR on, but doesn't have my SWTOR settings. Why would I want my loadouts to be stored on my own PC?

my question: will we be able to export/import the loadouts similar to key binds?

The import/export of key binds is very useful to those that A) use the same bindings on multiple characters, B) play on multiple PCs or C) build a get a new PC. and these benefits would apply to those that play multiple of the same class (or combat style if you prefer)

© depends on why you get a new PC combined with where the "active" loadouts are stored. If they are stored on the server, then yes, it's useful, but if they are stored locally - as above, they shouldn't be - you won't be able to recover them from the server on the new PC if the old PC is completely destroyed (e.g. by fire) or stolen.

And to answer the question, I don't believe they said one way or the other for either part.