The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My time on the pts testing conquest/fp's/ops/PvP

Ronyrone

Let me start with PvP first while I was not able to have a que pop for a pvp match I have reservations on the currency cap for the Thyrsian Production Accelerant. Without knowning how much you can get from a win/lose from unranked/ranked games, the Max cap of 1,500 is far to low when the Weeklies of Solo Ranked gives 1,000 and Group Ranked gives 2,000. You wont even get all the currency of either weekly due to the weekly cap is set to 500 and if you over any excess currency is dropped to 0.

In Terms of Currency Caps I'd recommend the followwing:

Upping All Max Cap of all currencies to 5,000

Upping All Weekly Cap of all currencies to 1,000

Lowering the currency of the Group Ranked PvP Weekly to 1,000 Thyrsian Production Accelerant

If Medal of Commendation (Conquest Reward) weekly cap is keept to 600 that will mean for players to only do 3 toons meet personal conquest goals. While the personal conquest goal went up from 50,000 to 100,000 anyone with stronghold bonus 150% this wont matter to much to them. As this currancy is one of two of the main currencies this should have just a bit more room for players to play with when upgrading gear throught the week when doing any content. I was able to do at least 5 toons thro conquest with room to do more.

Over the weekend I was able to get a group together to test raids and such. We did TC SM GF 1/8 was fully 14 augmented with 110.00% , 1/8 was Item Rating 322, 7/8 where Item rating 318. While it took 4 mins longer than on live at the moment it felt the same as live. We had a time constrant we tried to do NiM Nefra. We got to about 55% on Nefra before whipping we had double sorcerer healers both saying they where having resource management issues. When we got gear from the TC only 2/8 members had got gear. The RNG of the gear should be about half the team of getting gear.

I tested the new flashpoint on vet mode solo. I started as a Assassin DPS, but then swapped to Juggy DPS. The bonus boss should drop loot. The 1st 2nd and bonus where fairly decent in a challenge. the 2nd encounter however didnt end the encounter after the boss died. Malgus was 100% undertuned you can 100% avoid all damage and mechanics, He needs to be buffed by bout 10-15%.

I tested the gear dropped from other flashpoints which seemed like still a little bit of RNG but seemed ok.

Let me start with PvP first while I was not able to have a que pop for a pvp match I have reservations on the currency cap for the Thyrsian Production Accelerant. Without knowning how much you can get from a win/lose from unranked/ranked games, the Max cap of 1,500 is far to low when the Weeklies of Solo Ranked gives 1,000 and Group Ranked gives 2,000. You wont even get all the currency of either weekly due to the weekly cap is set to 500 and if you over any excess currency is dropped to 0.

So they give you 2000 of this new fancy currency and you get to keep 500 of it because ot the weekly cap? And even when the weekly cap was higher atleast 500 would go to waste because of the 1500 hardcap on the currency?

Well done Bioware. Keep going. You will improve the game alot! I'm looking forward to it!

7.0 is gonna have a severe issue if loot becomes scarce.

People are used to 6.0 where loot is raining and to go to 7.0 is gonna be a worse disaster than shadowlands where loot was always semi scarce but they purposely reduced the drop rates for the xpac resulting in a huge exodus to other games.

If loot is rly hard and slow to get, expect a sea of complaints.

7.0 is gonna have a severe issue if loot becomes scarce.

People are used to 6.0 where loot is raining and to go to 7.0 is gonna be a worse disaster than shadowlands where loot was always semi scarce but they purposely reduced the drop rates for the xpac resulting in a huge exodus to other games.

If loot is rly hard and slow to get, expect a sea of complaints.

We've been warning Bioware for months but they refuse to listen.

Also there's a lot of people here saying "you don't need gear, it's fine bro wait and see, they know what they're doing, they know better than you, this is an mmo you're supposed to group up, if you're not doing NiM you're trash"

We've been warning Bioware for months but they refuse to listen.

Also there's a lot of people here saying "you don't need gear, it's fine bro wait and see, they know what they're doing, they know better than you, this is an mmo you're supposed to group up, if you're not doing NiM you're trash"

And the think this is extremely predictable, WoW did the exact same thing, it went from an expansion that gave a decent amount loot to all to pretty much making all casual content reward inferior gear and even raiding had extremely low drop rates for gear.

There was such a huge backlash that they were forced to buff gear drops at least in raids, if bioware is doing the same, on a far worse scale because in 6.0 any activity feels rewarding due to all the gear box rewards we get, if it suddenly becomes a waste of time because you got no loot everyone is going to be very unhappy because they feel they are wasting their time for no rewards.