The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any Additional "Class Feel" Abilities BW Should Potentially Add Back? 7.0 Is Soon

arunav

I get the impression part of our feedback for PTS on classes was which abililties and passives were so essential to class feel and identity they couldn't be cut or made into impractical options.

It's still probably possible to add back or change certain choices on various class specs, if folks really feel something is off about abilities that have been cut or are essentially cut in the trees due to necessary choices.

I thought I'd start a thread collecting any input from folks who want to highlight something they feel is still missing from a class they know well.

I've already stated my preference for Spike/Spinning Kick being brought back on dps Assassins/Shadows in a seperate post. Saber Throw for Guardians was added back a while ago. Force Choke for Maras has been made a high-level choice, but I really think it's so iconic to the Warrior class it really should be a baseline ability - it's the heroic moment class ability after all! I think Awe is also something really missing from the Mara/Sent class currently, and am unclear on why Obfuscate/Pacify was taken away entirely.

What other ones are worth bringing up again as we're approaching 7.0?

Edited by arunav

Searing Wave and its Vanguard Equivalent to Advanced Prototype & Tactics. And give me back Orbital Strike, Hololocate, and Ballistic Shield. I want all of them instead of it being a choice. The rest I can live with.

BW with the genius move to make the only raid utility sniper had a skill tree choice competing against one of its most iconic visual abilities.

Spike for assassins and spinning kick for shadows.

Two of the most unique and cool looking abilities for assassins and shadows are being completely removed in favour of a passive that modifies maul and shadow strike...which sucks.

I love these abilities so much - especially after sorcerers and sages lost their kick ability years ago. Now assassins and shadows are losing it too.