Medal of Commendation, and Aquatic Resource Matrix Cap per week.

Toraak

The weekly cap for these is way to low.

Medals of Commendation: weekly cap 0/600. We get 200 per character we finish conquest on. This means there will be little value in doing conquest on any more then 3 characters if your not hoarding Flagship encryptions.

Aquatic Resource Matrix: Weekly cap 0/800. Will be very little reason to do dailies every day like many people do, because you'll hit the cap in 1 day.

I understand your putting these in most likely to stop people from gearing out in 1 week, but it will give very little incentive to do conquest at all on all of our alts. I know I used to do it on 20 characters a week not for the encryptions, but just for the tech fragments. Now 3 characters and I'll be done for the week. That will be done on Tuesday, and if I do it correctly I'll have capped the Resource matrix's in the process as well.

These caps will make gearing out our Alt characters a lot more time consuming and will discourage people from playing multiple characters.

Something people should know also is these Caps are legacy currencies, so 3 character will cap you on Commendations.

Edited by Toraak

I'm curious what the justification for capping it is. Given you aren't farming for the highest tier gear through conquest and they cut the exp/renown/credit rewards out.. Has conquest gained...anything?

The cap is to slow down gear progression for non-group play, which was pretty much the only reason to do Conquest if you were a solo player. Gotta maintain those gear gaps between play styles you know.

The cap is to slow down gear progression for non-group play, which was pretty much the only reason to do Conquest if you were a solo player. Gotta maintain those gear gaps between play styles you know.

It will also slow down gear progression for group play. Remember that the medals of Commendation aren't just used in upgrading conquest gear, but is also used for upgrading ALL gear.

Edited by Toraak