I love this game but top tier armor (for your level) is way too easy to come by

Kentontudor

I leveled up Armstech to 400. I was around level 200 when I realized that there was no point, but it was too late and I decided that there was no going back.

ALL barrels, blasters, snipers, etc. can easily be attained else-where. For a small price of 10-14 commendations, you can buy a better/just-as-good item. And I really don't see how they can re-do the system any time soon... Seems like a fail to me.

But hey other than that, I have no complaints and I'm loving the game.

Edited by Kentontudor

Bump

(is there a solution?)

Are you reverse engineering the blue stuff and making the artifact (purple) level stuff?

Ive seen lots of high end stuff on the AH thats very very good compared to commendation gear, especially at level cap.

I also am a synthweaver and had the same thoughts as you. When i hit 50, i checked the artifact patterns i could make and compared them to the tier 1/hard mode drops i could obtain. Both patterns are superior to the hard mode dropped gear, only dwarfed by t2/raid gear.

Long story short, stick with it, at cap it works out. I also saw some implants selling for like 100k.

The gear you're getting from zone commendations isn't top tier, it's gear designed to help you progress. The greens you making from crafting can be reverse engineered to learn better schematics, so again, crafting quality is a result of the time and effort you put in, with a little luck on the side.

The true top tier stuff comes from more than just 14 commendations and reverse engineering a green, however ;)