Combat Styles Question

Joluka

I had a question about the Combat Styles and where we are going to end up with the philosophy of separating gameplay and story.

So, if we’re separating gameplay and story, to my knowledge, the only way we’re really doing that as of right now is in PvP, where Republic and Imperial players can be in the same teams and communicate with one another. I was wondering, with the new Combat Styles that give us the ability to be a Sith Sorcerer on a Republic, ex-Jedi character and a Vanguard on an Imperial character, we’ll be seeing Sith on the Republic fleet and vise versa, right? So, with those restrictions removed, will Imperial players be able to now group with Republic players for more than PvP? Will we be able to visit each others’ fleets?

I get that it would be a great task to be able to do flashpoints and such because of voice acting, but for role playing, for example, we can’t group with Republic players or join each others’ guilds. I guess I’m just a little hopeful that these inter-faction restrictions will be eased a bit more. Maybe we put an option in to visit Imperial Taris/Balmorra or Republic Taris/Balmorra, etc..

Edited by Joluka

I had a question about the Combat Styles and where we are going to end up with the philosophy of separating gameplay and story.

So, if we’re separating gameplay and story, to my knowledge, the only way we’re really doing that as of right now is in PvP, where Republic and Imperial players can be in the same teams and communicate with one another. I was wondering, with the new Combat Styles that give us the ability to be a Sith Sorcerer on a Republic, ex-Jedi character and a Vanguard on an Imperial character, we’ll be seeing Sith on the Republic fleet and vise versa, right? So, with those restrictions removed, will Imperial players be able to now group with Republic players for more than PvP? Will we be able to visit each others’ fleets?

I get that it would be a great task to be able to do flashpoints and such because of voice acting, but for role playing, for example, we can’t group with Republic players or join each others’ guilds. I guess I’m just a little hopeful that these inter-faction restrictions will be eased a bit more. Maybe we put an option in to visit Imperial Taris/Balmorra or Republic Taris/Balmorra, etc..

Cross-faction pvp only happened to help with que times.

Now its important to stress, you pick your story (i.e. Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Trooper), now choosing a different combat style does not change that aspect. So even if you choose Knight story but warrior style, that doesn't make you an imperial player or a warrior. You are still locked in to the republic faction and knight.

i don't see that changing or allowing cross faction beyond pvp

We are going to end up with a combat system that is no longer dictated by any story and faction considerations, meaning that they can add new Combat Styles for every Origin character at once and eventually even weaken the current weapon restrictions for combat classes.