The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Years since Iv'e played and have a general question about buying the species unlock

Years since Iv'e played and have a general question about buying the species unlock from the cartel market : For 240 cartel coins I can buy the species for different character creation but how do I unlock say Chiss for empire side sith warrior or inquisitor? or Any new character on my account thats not a bounty hunter? ... Anyone know what i have to do even though I just paid 240 and still species are locked when I create a new character.. hmm

Years since Iv'e played and have a general question about buying the species unlock from the cartel market : For 240 cartel coins I can buy the species for different character creation but how do I unlock say Chiss for empire side sith warrior or inquisitor? or Any new character on my account thats not a bounty hunter? ... Anyone know what i have to do even though I just paid 240 and still species are locked when I create a new character.. hmm

When you purchase a species unlock from the Cartel Market it will first go into your unclaimed items, from where you will have to claim it. You can view your unclaimed items via the button in the bottom right of the CM window. I believe that species unlock tokens go directly into your inventory, but if nothing appears in your inventory check your pack explorer (it is one of the icons to the bottom of the menu that sticks out to the left of your inventory). If it is in your pack explorer than you will need to additionally claim the token from there. Once the species unlock token is in your inventory you need to right-click it to apply it.

Unlocks for the basic species are per legacy / per server. The premium species (Cathar, Togruta, and Nautolan) are account wide unlocks. Once you have applied the species unlock there are two ways you can verify that it applied. If it was one of the basic species you can view the species tab in your legacy to see that the species is unlocked for your legacy. If it is a premium species you will have to check at character generation, from which you can also verify basic species, as well.

Thats the issue in short after i bought the all race/species unlocks i was on my newly made Sith warrior Right clicked the 240 CC Species unlock but I cant make a new sith anything but a chiss Bounty hunter.. Am I forgetting something? fyi Im 32 not new to this MMORPG or the original SW xbox old republic game lol Havent played this though since before covid first started Also legacy isnt showing much ty for the reply though Edited by deadlinessdark

Okay, I think I understand the issue. I think you purchased the Appearance Options: Chiss Customization 1, which costs 240 CC. The species unlock, called Legacy Unlock: Chiss costs 600 CC if purchased through the Cartel Market, 1.5 million credits if purchased through the species page in your Legacy window (requires, IIRC, minimum level 10 and legacy level 50), or those same values if unlocked via the Appearance Modification terminal.

The Appearance Options: Chiss Customization 1 is a pack of appearance option for Chiss characters, specifically 2 skin colours and 2 hair colours, but it does not unlock access to the species for your legacy.

Open the Cartel Market and in the search field type "chiss," which will return those two items. If you hover your mouse over the Appearance Options: Chiss Customization 1 you may see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it on the Buy Now button; that means you have already unlocked the option for your account. If that is what you purchased the, somewhat, bright side is that appearance option unlocks such as Chiss Customization 1 are account unlocks, so those appearance options will apply to your entire account across all servers.

Unfortunately, if that is what you bought then you did not unlock the Chiss species for your legacy and you will either need to spend an additional 600 CC's for Legacy Unlock: Chiss, level a Chiss character to level 50, which will unlock that species on that server, or spend 1.5 million credits to unlock the species in your Legacy window, if you are eligible.

its called on the cartel market Expanded customization species unlock literally if you go to the cartel market put the appearence customization filter in its the first one has three different faces of different races 240CC and I cant refund it cause I claimed it yesterday before I was like maybe ask someone ha..ha..ha lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well I know this is what I see 1.5m credit or 600 COINs. For 240 sounds more like an added Hair, Facial, or Character appearance UNLOCK; provided you've actually CLAIMED it from the Cartel Market. Till then you can get a REFUND.

https://i.imgur.com/nfM9J2V.png

Still you can always unlock the Species with CREDIT as well, once you've saved up a little bit...

Edited by Strathkin