The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GSF Fighter Ships as Decorations

arunav

GSF has some really great fighter models in it, especially when upgraded with various weapons, engine components, paint jobs, etc.

I thought it would be welcome by enough people that making some into Stronghold decorations would be worthwhile.

Perhaps 1 Strike Fighter, 1 Scout, 1 Gunship, and 1 Bomber from each faction could be made into a ship or centerpiece hook decoration.

Currently, the mounts that are designed as starfighters don't scale well as decorations, i.e. they are too small when placed as a fighter decoration.

It would be even better if these could be earned in-game, incentivizing more participation in GSF, but I think folks would also buy them for their Strongholds from the CM, even those who don't play GSF at all.

Right - these don't scale well when placed in Strongholds. They also have a round base underneath the ship, as though they are some kind of model, unlike the class story ships.

Instead, fighters that were designed for centerpiece or starship hooks and released would be a vast improvment, especially if combined with some components and a paint job.

Again, I think both GSF players and folks who just like decorating would enjoy placing these in their Strongholds. The models already exist, and having a starfighter for your character is kind of basic Star Wars, especially for the Force-using classes.

Edited by arunav