Spanish translation request

Dkillaz

First of all, I send a cordial greeting to the entire community, this proposal has been made for years by the Spanish-speaking community and I hope that it does not take to the light or cause derision because the vast majority of us ask ourselves why it was never translated the game .

Secondly, I am going to allow myself the luxury of writing in my language so that you can put yourself in my place when making an effort to understand the game and perhaps this will make you reflect a little and / or feel empathy.

Buenas , llevo años jugando al SWTOR para mi es uno de los mejores MMORPG de toda la historia de la industria de los videojuegos . Pero en mi caso y como mucho de la gente hispanohablante nos cansa el echo de que no tengamos la facilidad de encontrar a gente que hable en español porque muchos no hablamos Alemán , ni Frances y lamentablemente Ingles...

Los juegos de mundo abierto se distinguen por jugar en grupos y en hermandades , en nuestro caso la gente hispana nos cansa antes el echo de encontrar gente que hable español al punto que dejamos de jugar por este problema ya no hablo de que el juego no este traducido ni siquiera con subtítulos...

He visto muchas peticiones de traducción y el equipo de desarrollo siempre lo toma como que somos una minoría ? Los hispano hablantes somos mucho mas que los Franceses y los Alemanes (sin querer ofender ) , también he visto varias campañas de recogidas de firmas que nunca fueron a ningún lugar..

Desde luego para nuestra comunidad HISPANA es muy triste ver como otras luengas minoristas pueden gozar de jugar en su propio idioma y nosotros petición tras petición siempre obtenemos un NO...no por que es muy difícil ..no por que es muy caro..

Esto es un gran fracaso por parte de los desarrolladores , el cual deja y siempre dejara entredicho su capacidad de competencia en este sentido...no voy a iniciar una campaña de recogidas de firmas ni tampoco pretendo hacer presión solo decir lo lamentable que es que no tengan en cuenta a esta comunidad la cual es la segunda lengua mas hablada de todo el planeta y que no se como esta compañía no es capaz de ver el potencial del mercado hispano a nivel de beneficios económicos ...

I agree that there ought to be a Spanish translation for the subtitles and UI at the very least. But it seems requests for these translations have fallen on deaf ears since the game launched. I assume that whatever market research they did, they found it more profitable in the moment to only translate the game into French and German. That shouldn't make sense given that Spanish is one of the most commonly spoken languages, however, I am positive that the decision was a result of market research, which either accurately or erroneously suggested there would be higher projected sales in the 3 languages we got. I don't think we can count on an official translation of the game unless it experiences a great deal of success in the future that would financially warrant (incentivize) it, so I would just look for community efforts to translate the game. Find out who is working on them, post about it on forums and get the word out there about them to support them. If these community projects become popular enough, it will probably encourage the slimy corporate people to say, "hey, we could be making money on that," and finally make an official translation. See Oldschool Runescape HD client scandal.