It would be nice if we had some companion hotkey options.

Vharna

Probably mentioned already, but the options for tweaking the companion UI elements are so lacking.

Would be nice if we could reverse the orientation, have buff/debuffs appear at the bottom and even disable the hotkey display entirely so we could get something similar to the "Target of Target" display.

I'd LOVE one hotkey for Companion, and that is PASSIVE ® for:

Passive:

accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.

How many times when I don't want to fight, do I set them to passive then go somewhere I forget once I start fighting to click the button. I'd love to just hit R again without taking my hands off the keys or mouse. :)

Edited by Strathkin

Passive:

accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.

How many times when I don't want to fight, do I set them to passive then go somewhere I forget once I start fighting to click the button. I'd love to just hit R again without taking my hands off the keys or mouse. :)

There is a hotkey for it. It is CTRL+2. It can be modified in the "Key Bindings" part of the Preferences (Quickbar tab). All the companion quickbar abilities are hotkeyed starting with CTRL+1.

Edited by mike_carton

There is a hotkey for it. It is CTRL+2. It can be modified in the "Key Bindings" part of the Preferences (Quickbar tab). All the companion quickbar abilities are hotkeyed starting with CTRL+1.

Oh good I thought, yet I use ALT & CTRL exclusively for both side abilities powertray; or what they call quickbars.

Yet honestly I can't find one that marks a Companion PASSIVE or NOT? I see Shift-F2 which changes their target, or perhaps it marks your target as theirs. Still I can't find one to mark them PASSIVE. I scrolled thru all KEY BINDING options for Targeting, didn't find it.

https://i.imgur.com/YOXnN6I.png

Passive:

Why I thought R be perfect for it.

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

Oh good I thought, yet I use ALT & CTRL exclusively for both side abilities powertray; or what they call quickbars.

Yet honestly I can't find one that marks a Companion PASSIVE or NOT? I see Shift-F2 which changes their target, or perhaps it marks your target as theirs. Still I can't find one to mark them PASSIVE. I scrolled thru all KEY BINDING options for Targeting, didn't find it.

https://i.imgur.com/YOXnN6I.png

No. In the Quickbars section. The companion bar (where you can mouse-click the Passive/Active switch) a quickbar like any other. You'd need to modify the keybind for the second box on the bar.