The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What combat style combos will you come up with?

TonyTricicolo

guess i havent been paying enough attention

why get to have combos, at the same time, of 2 different combat styles on 1 character. So a Trooper with Sniper and Gunslinger?

Anyway to make a melee mando with swords (beskar)?

The bit I highlighted is an example of what you will be able to do. You could also take Mercenary or Operative for example so if you mean by combo that you can take gunslinger and powertech for example then yes. So all tech advanced classes will now be usable by any tech base class. Same for force users (there is an account requirement for going cross faction but that's it). Advanced classes will be renamed to combat styles.

A mando with melee weapons? Which tech advanced class has melee weapons? None (ok off-hand vibro knives but you can't see them). So no.

Edited by Tsillah

If you can essentially mix and match classes now... aren't all "meta" characters going to end up the same? I mean literally the same. It's like having everyone reroll as rogues. Sure, rogues are the best DPS, but not everyone wanted to roll one and there were some abilities you had to have from other classes. But now that is no longer a problem. You can literally just be best regardless of class, because classes don't really exist. So... we're all going to end up the same.

If you can essentially mix and match classes now... aren't all "meta" characters going to end up the same? I mean literally the same. It's like having everyone reroll as rogues. Sure, rogues are the best DPS, but not everyone wanted to roll one and there were some abilities you had to have from other classes. But now that is no longer a problem. You can literally just be best regardless of class, because classes don't really exist. So... we're all going to end up the same.

You don't have to roll the rogue combat style.

Not everyone is going to go "Such and such style" and "Stealth style" as their two combat styles. You could go on your tech and go with Gunslinger and Commando. No stealth there.

I'm looking at using the second class to finally try out Sage/Sorcerer, something I was never going to do, until now, since I know I didn't want to go Sage/Sorcerer with a lightsaber I just held in my hand :p

Do we even know how swapping combat styles will work yet? It could end up being something limited to out of combat or even through a fleet vendor.

According to the livestream you won't be allowed to swap combat styles inside a phase, and you will need to be out of combat.

Well, one of the things I expect is that the meta for FPs will require people to play stealth since that's available to all characters now.

And yes, there will be combat styles that will be favoured so that might be expected of players as well. Now it won't matter in the casual area of the game and guilds that are more forgiving to players. So it's not going to be everyone that's the same, but it will be more so than now.

More choice in essence means less choice in that sense.

Yep. It's the most generally useful ability you can gain.

Edit: Over and under on how long it takes for them to add stealth detection mechanics to every FP, etc?

Honestly, when they said they "accidentally forgot" sleep dart on the PTS, I think it was just a test to see if people would notice or what they would say.

I am fairly confident stealth is getting a big FP nerf in 7.0.

Honestly, when they said they "accidentally forgot" sleep dart on the PTS, I think it was just a test to see if people would notice or what they would say.

I am fairly confident stealth is getting a big FP nerf in 7.0.

I wouldn't be so sure about this considering the issues they've had with missing abilities on other classes.

Guardian was missing focused defence for the vigilance discipline and all disciplines were missing dispatch but those got added back in.

The devs will definitely have to do something about stealth do prevent everyone picking stealth as their second combat style.

I wouldn't be so sure about this considering the issues they've had with missing abilities on other classes.

Guardian was missing focused defence for the vigilance discipline and all disciplines were missing dispatch but those got added back in.

The devs will definitely have to do something about stealth do prevent everyone picking stealth as their second combat style.

Why? If they nerf stealth in some way to prevent people from using it, what is the point of having it in the game?

Pick a Sin/Sorc and do anything in the game. Tank, Heal, Dps, Stealth.

The bit I highlighted is an example of what you will be able to do. You could also take Mercenary or Operative for example so if you mean by combo that you can take gunslinger and powertech for example then yes. So all tech advanced classes will now be usable by any tech base class. Same for force users (there is an account requirement for going cross faction but that's it). Advanced classes will be renamed to combat styles.

A mando with melee weapons? Which tech advanced class has melee weapons? None (ok off-hand vibro knives but you can't see them). So no.

While I can not pull out my Vibro knife to show you, I do see it ALOT on my Conc Op while fighting.