The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will mirror combat styles be tested on PTS?

TonyTricicolo

So far we had Guardian, Sentinel, Sniper, and Operative. Are the player findings going to be extrapolated for Juggernaut, Marauder, Gunslinger, and Scoundrel or will there be a test phase for them as well? Inquiring minds would like to know. Edited by TonyTricicolo

So far we had Guardian, Sentinel, Sniper, and Operative. Are the player findings going to be extrapolated for Juggernaut, Marauder, Gunslinger, and Scoundrel or will there be a test phase for them as well? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Given that from a game-mechanical point of view, Jugg is *exactly*(1) like Guardian, I don't really see any special benefit from testing Jugg separately.

(1) Yeah, I know there are (or at least have been) some fussy differences about animation durations between mirror specs, but you get the idea, right?

Given that from a game-mechanical point of view, Jugg is *exactly*(1) like Guardian, I don't really see any special benefit from testing Jugg separately.

(1) Yeah, I know there are (or at least have been) some fussy differences about animation durations between mirror specs, but you get the idea, right?

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd surely give better feedback on a style I play. Have me test out Vanguard when I'm familiar with Powertech then my experience will be clumsy making my feedback reflect it even though they are essentially the same style. Well, It's still months away from release. Maybe they'll consider it.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Bear in mind we haven't been able to test combat style switching yet. I would assume that when that phase opens up later this year, all combat styles will be available to test and so you would be able to play all combat styles, even the mirrored ones. I'm guessing it's a lot easier for the devs to focus their attention on one of the mirror classes because they don't have to worry about translating all the changes every time they update something on the PTS.

There is a site you can use to look up all the abilities and their mirror for the opposite spec, so even if you don't recognise the ability icons, you can place them on your hotbar where they'd normally be and let your muscle memory take care of the rest.