The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Abolish Pay-Not-to-Wait Transactions for Subscribers

FlatTax

The title says it all; as subscribers, the benefit of these things should be automatic. Sabotaging QoL to sell solutions, on top of $155.88+, year over year, doesn't meet my definition of a "PREMIUM" (All-Caps theirs, not mine) experience.

Before the "you don't have to pay!" crowd chimes in, remember, grinds paired with cash-outs are a form of paywall. Grinds are tuned to produce frustration and drive sales.

As subscribers, we deserve better.

Edited by FlatTax

Not really sure what you mean here OP....If you mean the cooldown on items brought from cartel market, Well I could do without it as well. However BW gave a reason for this years ago, not sure I agree with the reason, but BW are not going to change it now

If you mean something else, well to be honest I really just don't care for yet another pointless thread by you, after the last two.

Which items are what you described, that get rid of the wait?

Pay-not-to-wait transactions:

Crafting Crit Chance

Consumable XP boosts

Consumable RXP boosts

Character Legacy XP perks

Gift Giving Speed

Companion level boost

Character level boost

Galactic Seasons levels

Inventory slots

Inventory access droids

Rocket boost

Legacy travel perks

etc.

It's anything cash can expedite or make easier, on top of your subscription. Many of the above have second-order effects, that allow cash to leak into every core game system.

Pay-not-to-wait transactions:

Crafting Crit Chance

Consumable XP boosts

Consumable RXP boosts

Character Legacy XP perks

Gift Giving Speed

Companion level boost

Character level boost

Galactic Seasons levels

Inventory slots

Inventory access droids

Rocket boost

Legacy travel perks

etc.

It's anything cash can expedite or make easier, on top of your subscription. Many of the above have second-order effects, that allow cash to leak into every core game system.

So essentially legacy character perks and a couple of extra bits. The perks can all be had with credits, which a sub gets more of. So to have to play the game to get these is not strange or bad. If you could only get them with cartel coins you would have a point. Same for the Galactic seasons thing. The primary way to gain levels is through gameplay and you even get 200 CC every few levels anyway.

As for the xp boosts, you get plenty of them in game on each character and as it is you get more xp as a sub.

If they were CM only things then you would have a point. As it stands they are not so you can perfectly gain them within the game without spending real money on them. And no, you don't need to get these items automatically just because you are a sub. There has to be some progress you can make or you would log in and be all done. That doesn't make any sense.