The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cannot Connect to PTS / SWTOR Support Refuses to Assist

Galbsadi

Getting two errors, alternating:

One is:"Your connection to the server has been lost. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.swtor.com/support to contact our Customer Service Team."

The other is: "Your characters on this server are currently unavailable to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

(Note: maintenance is NOT currently happening.)

Called support. Long story short, they held me on hold for 15 minutes then said "because this is PTS we will not provide any assistance. Hope maybe it works later."

That's...subpar, especially with how Bioware is potentially gutting classes like Guardian before this current iteration.

they're getting ready for the 3rd phase

I'm pretty sure the issue is a file not patching properly on the Steam side. Currently testing by trying to download outside of Steam and see if that resolves it.

Bioware may be useless and completely unwilling to help (maybe to minimize the amount of feedback they might get in fear of the dislike people had to removing Saber Throw?)...but I'm going to see if I can find a way to make it work, even if only to share with the rest of the community.

Update. Issue confirmed to NOT be Steam.

Reinstalled via the direct download client here on this site, exact same issue.

Since SWTOR support refuses to assist, I'm presuming that the best route is to hope they resolve it before I decide to not pay them a sub anymore.