Annihilate Priority

KedunO

Just hit 40 on my Marauder. I know it is a priority based class but curious when you get Annihilate do you prioritize it above DS / Rupture? Or Bleeds first then Ann?

Initially I do FC -> DS -> BA -> RU -> Annihilate (Assault first if I didn't get rage from a bleed)

After that do you still prioritize bleeds first?

I am loving the marauder just all the 12 sec / 15 cooldowns really take getting used to.

Always Rupture before Annihilate -- your spec should enable you to reset Rupture's cooldown somewhat reliably with Annihilate.

Almost* always DS before Rupture.

If you have exactly 2 Rage, and Battering Assault will come off cooldown in 1 GCD, then use Rupture first, so you can BA + OGCD DS immediately after. If you attempt to use DS first, then you will be using an Assault first. The result of this event is a delayed BA, which delays your Rupture significantly in order to get DS up marginally sooner.

The better solution to this event is to always have a decent pool of Rage up when DS is coming off cooldown, because it uses Rage "fast" due to its off-gcd nature.

When it comes down to standard priorities, DoTs and rage-builders are the only things that should come before Annihilate because it just hits so dang hard, you want it used as much as possible. It should look like

DS > Rup > (Ragebuilders) > Anni > Ravage > Vicious Strike

With maintaining DoTs at the top of your list, so long as Annihilator doesn't fall off. That's the only real exception I can think of.

Get rid of annihilate and use savage strike instead, does the same or more damage per rage also builds more fury, but it takes an extra GCD.

Annihilate bursty ability in a class tree that doesn't need burst, it's a waste of rage based on how the spec mechanics work. We want to use as many small rage spenders as possible.

Get rid of annihilate and use savage strike instead, does the same or more damage per rage also builds more fury, but it takes an extra GCD.

Annihilate bursty ability in a class tree that doesn't need burst, it's a waste of rage based on how the spec mechanics work. We want to use as many small rage spenders as possible.

I don't know about you but annihilation hits pretty freaking hard, consistently 1.2k at my lvl 42.5.

Don't know if its a bug or intended as a "hits with both sabers" thing, sometimes I see a couple of 1.2k's fly across my screen.

I don't know about you but annihilation hits pretty freaking hard, consistently 1.2k at my lvl 42.5.

Don't know if its a bug or intended as a "hits with both sabers" thing, sometimes I see a couple of 1.2k's fly across my screen.

No doubt it hits hard as hell, but I much rather use savage strike twice as it's the same dmg but fits our spec mechanic alot better. Maybe if it cost 4 to active and gave one rage back, but at 5 to activate it's too much imo.