The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

(Ossan) Masterwork Ancient Force-Mystic's Belt - Needs Cartel Collections Treatment

Kass

This is one of the best 'Belts' in the game... As we advance up to the 10 year anniversary and a Level Cap of 80, it would be great to see this absolutely beautiful belt made part of a new Cartel Armor Set with 7.0.x so that we can purchase it and have it added to our Collections.

This makes it so much easier to reclaim for creating new characters - but more importantly its just an amazingly beautiful belt that deserves to be in collections.

Hope you'll consider it, it really was very well designed and implemented; and would look great on a future Cartel Armor Set.

I'm not sure there is a need to put this belt on the Cartel Market.

You goto the supply vendor on Ossus, Lord Fural, purchase it for 20k credits, then just goto Lord Bay-lor and purchase the Masterwork Ancient version for 27k. Granted this is bound to you, and only for an inquisitor.

Or do you want the crafted version, which would allow you to buy it for a different character? Which then would become bound? In that case I would say 'no', as that would take it away from a crafter.

I'm sure how you could make that belt different enough.

I'm not sure there is a need to put this belt on the Cartel Market.

You goto the supply vendor on Ossus, Lord Fural, purchase it for 20k credits, then just goto Lord Bay-lor and purchase the Masterwork Ancient version for 27k. Granted this is bound to you, and only for an inquisitor.

Or do you want the crafted version, which would allow you to buy it for a different character? Which then would become bound? In that case I would say 'no', as that would take it away from a crafter.

I'm sure how you could make that belt different enough.

The obvious point is that the current gear items that use that skin (used in the GW2 sense of the word, a full appearance for an armour piece or weapon) can't be used by level 1 characters, and part of Kass's motivation for the suggestion is the ability to use that look on a new (presumably level 1) character.

The obvious point is that the current gear items that use that skin (used in the GW2 sense of the word, a full appearance for an armour piece or weapon) can't be used by level 1 characters, and part of Kass's motivation for the suggestion is the ability to use that look on a new (presumably level 1) character.

This is correct.

I have like idk 8 copies of my Main Character, of different Classes and Disciplines (soon to be Origin Stories and Combat Styles). Upon moving servers, and making each one I was able to open my collections and begin retrieving all of the 5-6 different Cartel Market armor sets to put together my suit that I have been perfecting as the story has changed and I've played the game over the last 10 years.

But the one thing I can't easily address is my belt. So Steve is right on the money.

HOWEVER... I want to be clear about the fact that this suggestion isn't about me, only that my experience prompted the thought that this belt would be great as part of a cartel market armor set.

Whenever I post a suggestion, I always try to think 'would this benefit everyone, or just me?' -- and the answer in this case was - based on the item itself, and how well designed the 'skin' for the belt is, moving it into an armor set that is capable of being part of collections might be a good suggestion to make.

Edited by Kass

Due to awesome GSF Loot drop, I just discovered that the "Amplified Champion's Belt" (Nice Bioware) also uses this same skin (though you have to be Level 75 to even equip/use it)

I've never tried to use something outside my EXP level to make an outfit - not sure that it's even possible (and can't test being at max level)

So I'm seeing this belt skin used in a couple of different places, so while it is cool to now fortunately have a legacy wide belt I can use between main character copies for outfits, I still sure do hope they pick up on this thread and decide to put it to a new cartel market armor set.

Edited by Kass

I've never tried to use something outside my EXP level to make an outfit - not sure that it's even possible (and can't test being at max level)

You can't. The Outfit Designer is more permissive than your true-gear slots (it allows wrong-weight fixed-weight armour e.g. Heavy on a Consular or Inquisitor), but stilll blocks:

* Class-locked armour where your class isn't on the locked-to list.

* (When setting it up) Alignment-locked gear you don't have the alignment for.

* Level-locked gear you aren't high-enough level for.