For the Love of the Leveling Process

A-Tron

So I've seen that you did NOT do the heroics that I mentioned. When I level up a new character I do heroics to keep geared up. I did mention that and you just keep glossing over that. And I do count talking to my companions as part of the main story line. I also clarified in a later post that "some" referred to a handful of easy ones and I do them every day I play said characters. This is necessary to keep geared and it takes around 20 mins to do them.

What I did forget to mention is that you get conquest rewards for doing certain things and you can get XP for that as well. So on a daily basis you can get the conquest rewards for levels gained, missions completed and companions gaining an influence level and utilities assigned and heroics done and missions done on a planet, plus mobs killed on a planet and I do level according to that as well. So I do track those conquests rewards so I get the maximum out of those.

All for doing stuff that I'm already doing during the story lines and those heroics. So no special extra effort except checking the conquest progress from time to time.

Am I reading you right when you say that by saying "some" heroics, you in fact mean several heroics that you repeat every day when you play said characters?

That's... hardly "some" heroics if you look at the entire leveling process from the start of the story to the end of the story.

That's quite a lot of extra activity outside of the main storyline. Hell, I'd even argue that it might be more than if you just did all the side quests on each planet... depending on how many "some heroics" is to you.

My entire point was that you can stay on-level for the entire storyline by just doing the storyline and a few side quests (or other activities).

And you stated:

... the fact is that with the consumable level boost and the legacy boost I manage to be overleveled just the same by just doing the story and some heroics (for gear).

That seems disingenuous to me, since you said you were overleveled by "just doing the story and some heroics", but we then later find out that you do 20 minutes of heroics every day while playing through the storyline.

That's hardly just "some heroics", the way you first put it. That's a repeated grinding that will net you quite a lot more XP than if you just did a few heroics on the way through the storyline.

As for my playthrough:

I ended the Sith Inquisitor story at lvl 48

(with the defeat of Darth Baras)

and that's using the 30% booster, the 30% storyline legacy booster and doing Dailies for GS (mostly just PvP and some lame kill X number of enemies tasks). And the only reason I did PvP was to speed up my dark side points gain since it's a bit slow if you only do the main story.

So, again... I say that you won't be overleveled if you're just doing the main storyline. Not even with 2 x 30% booster and doing some side quest stuff.

As a sidenote, I never felt the need to get gear at all during the entire playthrough. I did just fine with the scraps I got throughout the storyline and the two times I just bought mods and such for my adaptive at lvl 30 and 45. Other than that I did nothing to get any gear outside of what dropped during the storyline.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.