Combat Styles - How I'd wish they'd work out

ZionHalcyon

Personally, I do think that there is a glut of abilities that can be sorted, but because going through everything is too cumbersome, I am for the purpose of this focus on what I play my main on, an Arsenal Mercenary.

So, if we were to take what people's assumptions are about how this would go, a tool load out in my eyes would look like this:

Default Bounty Hunter Abilities:

• Vent Heat
  • Power Surge
  • Flamethrower (Flame DOT)

Arsenal

Load out A - Missiles

Play style - AOE DPS and DOT management

1. Missile Blast - default loadout attack
  2. Fusion Missile - AOE Flame DOT placement
  3. Concussion Missile - reworked; from a crowd control ability to a stun type of ability like Electro Dart; allows next missile blast to hit for double damage
  4. Heatseeker Missiles - Applies double damage to burning targets
  5. Death from Above - AOE DPS and refreshes the timer on player-cast flame DOTs

Load out B - Blaster Fire Power

Play style - single target dps

1. Rapid Shots - default loadout attack
  2. Priming Shot - 40% chance to finish cooldown on Unload and Power Shot; "Marks" target
  3. Unload - High Single target DPS attack
  4. Power Shot - high DPS that does "double damage" if target is marked
  5. Sweeping Blasters - AOE DPS that does increased damage to marked targets and reduces agro of unmarked targets (but with minimal damage)

You get the idea.

Once LotS launches, there won't be preset "A" and "B" builds anyway. The PTS has presets like that now because the new UI for the Combat Proficiencies panel isn't ready. (The builds differ in the Utilities selected, not in the main abilities, if memory serves.)

I think OP has a good idea ... but IMO as Steve has pointed out this "may" be in part due to the fact that the new UI changes are not complete. And with that UI is also the "combat proficiencies" .

I also wonder how all of these changes will affect a common ability utilized by all groups now as it stands : " Heroic Moment"

Seems like that is a composition of choices from each of the 4 classes ( 4 Republic or 4 Empire ) . Should be interesting to see how that changes.

I think OP has a good idea ... but IMO

No..no it is not. I want to use missiles with blasters and flamethrower on my BH. The OP's way is even more limiting to our characters and play style than it is now.

I don't think this is necessary a good idea. The current idea seems to be alright: have a good amount of active abilities shared between them, and then provide passives and a few active abilities for customization.

I think the current idea is good enough and your suggestion is a bit too restrictive.