The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new loadout concept is great idea but applied in confusing manner

Carba

I like the idea of a loadout. But, it is misapplied as is to simply reduce one layer of discipline which appears to reduce the overall complexity and richness of combat choices by more than 75%.

A loadout would be useful if it allowed a set of choices for discipline, combat proficiencies, keyboard assignments, user interface, gear, and quickbar assignments to be linked together. This concept would allow switching from a tank to a dps discipline quick and easy. Or simply switching to a different gear setup. Or switching to a combination of interface and quickbar assignments for specific operations. As it is live, it a laborious task to respec, even trivially.

The current PTS design focuses on the part that is easy leaving the hard part still to players. Its seems pointless and confusing. I like my quickbar assignments for example. Yours may be great but I've invested nine years in muscle memory for the ones I like.

The concept of using loadouts to make a Jedi into an Operative or visa versa undermines the entire game concept. It would be interesting to be able to do quests allowing a character to learn new abilities at the expense of losing an existing ability.