The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This can't really be what they meant

Prapcaster

So my thoughts on the pts is from someone who's played the game and class since about 3-4 months after launch. I personally think if they force you to choose between 3 critical defensives it will drive players to different games.

What people were most looking forward to was messing around with the new builds that the devs have been hinting at and none of it has been included in the pts so far. I'm probably being impatiant and picky with that one but it is what it is.

But no saber throw?????That single handedly breaks vigilance rotation from being playable in most content.

In the future they need to give way more communication in what they're doing because this in no way gives you more freedom but locks us down even more.

Its simple, every MMO someone has this brillant idea to do some pruning and butcher the entire game.

And here I thought they already did that with 4.0 (making the leveling/story easy mode, level sync, crafting simplification and making gearing much easier with priority ops, the extension of solo mode FPs, changes to primary stats)

Also 5.0 (galactic command) and 6.0 (endgame gear made BoL) made BiS gearing easier and easier...

So why should they stop now right? /sarcasm.

We didn't have an interrupt and a stun breaker and that makes me think that we are going to have some small base class ability kit on top of what we saw. Don't forget that we are 100% going to get some new abilities, and the choice between which ones are going to be available is a subject of change. You may think there is no ability bloat right now but it could be in 7.0 if they are going to keep everything.

Right now I feel like they took away a bit too much, but it's too early to call this a complete dumbing down. Getting less DCD's while having the same rotations makes the fights harder if anything, so you have to be smarter about how and when you gonna use them. I think if they will cut just the right amount of abilities while giving us a few new ones it could be a great change.

Edited by Voroschuk

And here I thought they already did that with 4.0 (making the leveling/story easy mode, level sync, crafting simplification and making gearing much easier with priority ops, the extension of solo mode FPs, changes to primary stats)

crafting simplification? What have you been smoking?

That "little" change adding cell grafts and components didn't make crafting simpler, it made it more complicated.

Then with 6.0 and the changes BW made then didn't help. At least with the 4.0 changes, the cost for crafting didn't change that much. With the 6.0 changes, it really turned folks off of crafting.