Why Continue To Play SWTOR?

QDMcGraw

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a good read, kind of a deep post about some of the "behind the scene" feelings that drives some players and what was one of the reason why so many played wow, also maybe the reason why they quit.

I think you can play and enjoy one mmorpg in alot of different ways, I have atleast.

I dunno but from what I was reading from OP's post was about that ****** feeling atleast I had one time longa ago back in wow.

Maybe the best memory I've got is back from the time I was "the best ****** player in wow" and maybe it is just this, that I am still trying to find again, that feeling of beeing so freaking ******.

Wow really gave me that feeling once, of beeing the best player in the world, beeing looked up upon by noobs, and can Swtor give that feeling to me ?, or to anyone ?

It's a cool thing, beeing a ordinary guy logging into a online RPG, and in there you feel like you are greater than wolverine :)

We know you came from WoW, don't deny it. Everyone playing MMO's has had a run through the turnstile of the most popular MMO out there.

I stopped reading right there.

I've played lots of MMOs, going back to MUDs, UO, EQ, etc. I've never played WoW, nor had any desire to.

Is Blizzard paying people to troll these forums like this? It's amazing.

I love TOR -- the game is great, and I have been playing MMOs since the days of UO.

No MMO is going to suit everyone... yet, for some reason, all these people seem downright insulted that this particular one didn't suit them. It's like every bored, disgruntled nitwit needs their own thread on why they aren't satisfied (which almost always boils down to "THIS ISN'T WOW IN SPACE, WAAAHHH").

Can't wait for Jan. 15. Don't let the door smack ya'll in the butt on the way out. I'd bet money that there are going to be a lot fewer of you leaving than you've convinced yourselves. Your mouths may be large, but your numbers are embarassing.

Edited by AJediKnight

Is Blizzard paying people to troll these forums like this? It's amazing.

I love TOR -- the game is great, and I have been playing MMOs since the days of UO.

No MMO is going to suit everyone... yet, for some reason, all these people seem downright insulted that this particular one didn't suit them. It's like every bored, disgruntled nitwit needs their own thread on why they aren't satisfied (which almost always boils down to "THIS ISN'T WOW IN SPACE, WAAAHHH").

Can't wait for Jan. 15. Don't let the door smack ya'll in the butt on the way out. I'd bet money that there are going to be a lot fewer of you leaving than you've convinced yourselves. Your mouths may be large, but your numbers are embarassing.

You didn't read it, did you?

Trick, huh? If that was parody or sarcasm, you're doing it wrong.

Are there specific points you can address to assist in correcting future attempts?

Ya might wanna read some of the other pages, much is discussed there, but I wouldn't blame ya if you didn't.

Are there specific points you can address to assist in correcting future attempts?

Ya might wanna read some of the other pages, much is discussed there, but I wouldn't blame ya if you didn't.

If you're really interested, your hook is pretty weak, you could probably edit that whole thing down by about two thirds, and it needs more cowbell. Not that your post isn't better-written than most here.

Well thought out and well written post. This guy is 100% spot on. And those of you who think that HAVING the best gear means anything, you're wrong. I have been there before myself all throughout WoW, and the truth is it is the journey to the top of the world that's fun, not being there.

So the OP is implying that it's OK for SW:TOR to have no way for players who dedicate large amounts of time to the game to differentiate themselves, because they lack maturity for wanting to do such a thing.

Got it. Moving along.

Actually, no.

What I said is there currently isn't and that it's a detraction from the game for those who want it, and to be calm, it's coming.