Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Don't let anyone tell you whether you should be having fun or not.

Vagessel

Tons of Astroturfers all around. And it does not surprise me because this game actually causes real fear on people who have committed several years to other games.

Me and the mates from the guild that moved here are having the time of our lives. At launch this game is far more polished, slick and professional than many multiple year old MMOs out there. Could it change in the future? Maybe. Once they allow for damage parses and the yo-yo of class nerfs and buffs begins it may all change.

But for now: amazing game. Kudos to BioWare on a very solid, professional release and fun game. BTW kudos to your writers as well. Plot and character development for the game is far superior to the prequel trilogy. Keep it up.

We are staying.

Tons of Astroturfers all around. And it does not surprise me because this game actually causes real fear on people who have committed several years to other games.

Me and the mates from the guild that moved here are having the time of our lives. At launch this game is far more polished, slick and professional than many multiple year old MMOs out there. Could it change in the future? Maybe. Once they allow for damage parses and the yo-yo of class nerfs and buffs begins it may all change.

But for now: amazing game. Kudos to BioWare on a very solid, professional release and fun game. BTW kudos to your writers as well. Plot and character development for the game is far superior to the prequel trilogy. Keep it up.

We are staying.

I agree, I generally don't let people tell me whether I'm enjoying something or not. As with most forums, these are 'really' depressing, but I hang out because I have questions from time to time and need some help, and inevitably have to wade through lots of hate.

However, while your post is a great sentiment, there's a hint at a contradiction. :p (at least, assuming I understand what you are saying).

It 'seems' like you are saying "Don't be sad by all the haters, they are hating because they can't let go of their other game and see how awesome this is", but then you kinda 'hint' at also potentially being a hater some day yourself, if the inevitable "damage parses and the yo-yo of class nerfs and buffs begins".

So that makes me think: "Don't let people tell you what valid reasons for staying or quitting a game are?" :o

But, a very nice sentiment at it's core, thanks!

Edit: I don't know if this helps, but I forgot to say I'm having a blast!

Edited by notebene

I agree, I generally don't let people tell me whether I'm enjoying something or not. As with most forums, these are 'really' depressing, but I hang out because I have questions from time to time and need some help, and inevitably have to wade through lots of hate.

However, while your post is a great sentiment, there's a hint at a contradiction. :p (at least, assuming I understand what you are saying).

It 'seems' like you are saying "Don't be sad by all the haters, they are hating because they can't let go of their other game and see how awesome this is", but then you kinda 'hint' at also potentially being a hater some day yourself, if the inevitable "damage parses and the yo-yo of class nerfs and buffs begins".

So that makes me think: "Don't let people tell you what valid reasons for staying or quitting a game are?" :o

But, a very nice sentiment at it's core, thanks!

Edit: I don't know if this helps, but I forgot to say I'm having a blast!

High-five! Let's have some brewskies and if you have a few minutes I could use some help splitting a few hairs.

Yep I've had the forums of a game turn me off of the game many times in the past. I've learned from that, though. All that matters is whether I'm having fun, not whether everyone else is.

This game has many flaws and I'll post my concerns about them along with everyone else. But in the end I'm logging in and playing so much because it's fun.

Actually no.

It doesn't cause real fear or any other sort of fear.

Because WE who have spent Several Years with other MMO's see this game as ordinary.

If you enjoy it do so.

You in fact are doing what this posts title is, trying to make up peoples minds.

Me thinks you don't pick up jokes or levity easy either. <3

Yeah, I thought it was funny, and I didn't mean to split hairs, just wanted to point out that everyone has their reasons, as would you, if that day comes (hopefully not).

And it was still a great sentiment, and a reminder to me, as these (and all) forums are depressing sometimes. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.