Why do the Odessen alliance datapad rewards cease to give xp at levels 72-74 ?

Every time you rank up affection with Oggurob, Aygo, Hylo or Sana-Rae, a datapad in your personal quarters on Odessen activates that gives a ton of XP when you collect it. That is, until you reach level 72 : at this point, it gives ten thousand times less XP. Like ten xp.

Why is that ?

At level 75, it gives a few thousand renown points, which is ok. It even fails to show that if you were level 71 and had it show 100 000 xp : when you collect it only gives 10 xp.

But what of levels 72, 73, 74 ? Was that an oversight or is it intended ? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::jawa_redface:

Edited by BenduKundalini

They are, from a functional point of view, still level 65 missions. Players originally reached Chapter IX of KotFE (which is what makes them available) at level 65, because at that point in the game's history, the level cap was 65.

As a result, when you get to level 71+ (I would have said), you are so far over-level for them that you only get 6XP (subject to all the various bonuses you can get. Note "I would have said". Apparently I've mis-remembered something about the point at which missions count as over-levelled(1).

(1) There aren't *many* missions left that can be overlevelled - things like "Social Points" and "Meet the Ship Droid" are the others that I know of, but I think that the one on DK if you arrive after running Vet Black Talon the first time and get a mission near the exit to the spaceport (to make a military report on Republic forces) is another.

They are, from a functional point of view, still level 65 missions. Players originally reached Chapter IX of KotFE (which is what makes them available) at level 65, because at that point in the game's history, the level cap was 65.

As a result, when you get to level 71+ (I would have said), you are so far over-level for them that you only get 6XP (subject to all the various bonuses you can get. Note "I would have said". Apparently I've mis-remembered something about the point at which missions count as over-levelled(1).

(1) There aren't *many* missions left that can be overlevelled - things like "Social Points" and "Meet the Ship Droid" are the others that I know of, but I think that the one on DK if you arrive after running Vet Black Talon the first time and get a mission near the exit to the spaceport (to make a military report on Republic forces) is another.

Good point but that's not true anymore. For social quest anyway. I think ship droid has been updated too, I can check later on a level 60 something char who just got his ship.

Anyway those are missions, not mobs you outlevel... and mind you, they increase their stated level and rewards as you level up from 65, 66, etc. And then POOF.

And then again it does reap rewards again at 75. So, strongly smells of oversight.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Anyway those are missions, not mobs you outlevel... and mind you, they increase their stated level and rewards as you level up from 65, 66, etc. And then POOF.

They are, indeed, missions, but there *are* still a few missions that have a fixed level and can be outleveled.

Wait until you do the side mission in Chapter XII and get 5xp for it! So worth it!!!!!

Seriously just wait until level 75.

That being said, what the datapad says I should get renown-wise isn't what I'm getting renown-wise either. It says 1325 or something and I'm getting 900.

Wait until you do the side mission in Chapter XII and get 5xp for it! So worth it!!!!!

Seriously just wait until level 75.

That being said, what the datapad says I should get renown-wise isn't what I'm getting renown-wise either. It says 1325 or something and I'm getting 900.

I have to say I hate the Kardashians in space. I've skipped all that, past chapter 9 or 10 of KOTFE.

Damn, that's bad about rnown, I haven't double checked.

Edited by BenduKundalini

This is almost universally the case in my experience, you can't take the Renown displayed on the mission screen for anything. Looked into it a while back because I noticed my characters weren't getting the correct amount from Conquest, but it applies to almost all content from what I remember. It's always less, because it seems like the mission screen is doing some different calculation.

That testing was before a lot of the Conquest reworks, if that gives you an idea on how long this issue has been around.

This is almost universally the case in my experience, you can't take the Renown displayed on the mission screen for anything. Looked into it a while back because I noticed my characters weren't getting the correct amount from Conquest, but it applies to almost all content from what I remember. It's always less, because it seems like the mission screen is doing some different calculation.

That testing was before a lot of the Conquest reworks, if that gives you an idea on how long this issue has been around.

It isn't doing a *different* calculation.

It's doing the *same* calculation, but *twice*. A more concrete analysis:

Ugh. It's worse, much worse, than we all thought, and yet it is simultaneously less bad.

I ran around Fleet just now, pelting anything and everyone with my snowball cannon. Getting a parcel gives a miniature mission reward, with some LS points and some (for an L75) RXP...

With no applied bonuses, the Renowned Legacy (whole-legacy +25%) perk and four tiers of the character perk "Improved Renown Experience" = +2% per tier = +8%, for a total of +33%, I was getting 1064RXP per parcel, suggesting a base figure of 800. When I used a Superior Renown Boost (+100%), the award per parcel indicated in chat and Fly Text jumped to 1864 which is, indeed, 800 +133%. The figure shown in the minimission reward panel jumped from something - I didn't note what it was, but it was probably 1415)(1) to 4343, which is... wait for it ...

1864 +133%. = (800 + 133%) + 133%

Conclusion: the mission rewards panel (and, I guess all the mission rewards shown anywhere) apply the total bonus TWICE!

Read into that what you want, but it's definitely a bug.

(1) 1415 is 1064 +33% and 1064 is 800+33%, so that, too, is consistent with the general observation.

-- Last post in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974339

I just did the social points mission on a character way over level t, got exp and lightside points. I always do it but never see anyone else doing it.

How many XP, though? Lots (hundreds or thousands), or just a handful (six, ten, twelve, stuff like that)?