Server Latency through the roof.

Duathel

Hi there!

Not sure if this is the appropriate area for this, since it's usually a dev forum, not a Network forum.. but, there are really bad timeouts between the servers, and the users at the moment. We're seeing significant packet delay between an IP for zayo.com and the SWTOR servers. This has been effecting players since today, so I'm assuming some routing reset transpired between yesterday and today.

Any help for this?

Thanks!

What "Through the Roof" means....

Ping 104,261 ms or 1 minuet and 44 seconds of waiting around for the server to catch up then waiting another 1 minuet and 44 seconds for the next update, then rinse and repeat...

There are many posts on the server forums regarding very large lag spikes, latency is ranging from sub 100ms to well over 5000 every few seconds. The few folks i've seen say their isp have been Spectrum, However thats only 4 i've seen so far. This seems to be affecting players all over the place.

There was a diminish in performance when 6.3 launched, 6.3a seems to have made whatever the problem is significantly worse. At present the game is near unplayable.

I personally have a downstream well over 100mbps down and 10mbps up, no issues in any other games

If somebody, say, developed a car that worked on every other form of gasoline except BP, I don't know that I'd automatically assume that was BP's fault.

I mean, somehow, every other game on the planet works with Spectrum, including this one up until the last patch.

In any case, while a Traceroute from a client can reveal some things, a Traceroute from the server would also reveal much. Until you get that you only have part of the story. And I don't expect we'll be seeing that anytime soon.