DPS PVE Guardian Build?

yandars

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#5000MZIGMRouddho.1

Everything in that spec gives you everything that will boost your DPS. As you can see it is only level 42 and from 43 and up it's personal preference. Some talents can help you but will only be situational, I take 3 points in momentum for the free blade storms, 2 points in unremitting for not being immobilized after Force Leap, and 2 points in Gather Strength for anything that may slow you down.

As for a rotations I see it as a priority system. Obviously we all know how to generate focus by keeping Sunder Strike on cool down and using strike when we need to. But as pure numbers I see (unfortunately we still don't have meters) I try in all my power to do the following.

Dispatch (below 20%)>Master Strike>Plasma Brand>Overhead Slash>Blade Storm

Dispatch hits like a truck, so when your target is below 20% you want that on cool down. Master Strike does a lot of damage as well, and with our Zen Strike talents, Plasma Brand and Overhead Slash can refresh the cool down on it. Plasma Brand, Overhead Slash, and Blade storm are all good abilities. They all hit hard and apply dots. While Overhead slash and Blade Storm hit harder initially, the DoT from Plasma Brand is what makes it shine. You also want to keep your Combat Focus on cool down, a free 6 focus every minute is huge. Another thing, Plasma Brand and Overhead Slash increase our chance to get a Critical hit with Dispatch and Blade Storm for, which is huge, one of the reasons I put those abilities before Blade Strike. Which makes me think that at 20% you drop Blade Storm completely and just start Dispatching, Dispatch is on a 6 second cool down. I think that would be best but I haven't raided enough to really know.

Besides all that, everything else is up in the air, use Saber Throw every chance you get when you can't be doing your main rotation, use Cyclone Slash when there are a lot of mobs, Guardian Leap and Force Leap are great mobility tools you are going to want to utilize. I just really hope for a damage meter soon because it seems like nobody really wants a Vigilance Jedi Guardian in the group no matter how talented you can be. I'm lucky I know people who will let me raid.

All that being said, all of this is opinion based, with no damage meters, and not being able to exactly calculate our damage, It's kind of hard to tell the most efficient and productive rotation. I just took all my experience from past MMO's and hints from our talent tree to make the rotation, along with just seeing the damage output our abilities can do.

Sorry for the wall of text, I love being a Jedi DPSing with a single Light Saber, makes me just feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and just right.

How come nobody take "Unremitting"?.

Iv always found it pretty nice against elite/boss's that tend to do one of their big hits on their first attack. Or a group of normal mobs that go full auto ect. no?. =/

How come nobody take "Unremitting"?.

Iv always found it pretty nice against elite/boss's that tend to do one of their big hits on their first attack. Or a group of normal mobs that go full auto ect. no?. =/

I love it. It's seriously one of the best talents in the game.

Unremitting is a really good talent, but it's only purpose in PvE is going to be so iffy, for unremitting to be good in PvE, there would have to be a boss that you would have to Leap to often, as well as a boss that slows often, my build I posted above leaves 8 points free to put in whatever you want, if that is Unremitting go ahead.

Also, the build above is not Max DPS, all our damage is not going to come from our force abilities, and we will rarely if ever use our Slash ability, and to leave out the 2 sunder strikes per attack, you are hurting your whole raids DPS because you are not allowing the optimal amount of stacks of sunder at all times.

To Mag, I have been very tempted to try and make a guide explaining the Vigilance tree similar to the sticky in the guardian forums explaining our Defense tree.

Well, here is another vote of encouragement for you Vastor. I want to DPS but I *really* want to wield a single lightsaber, so I am leveling a Jedi Guardian. I also will be unable to dedicate the time to be a serious theorycrafter.

As a result, your guidance is invaluable to me. I would love to see you create a full-fledged guide to Vigilance DPS.

Also, if you have a chance, I wonder if you could throw out some advice on how to prioritize spending the points as you level, i.e., should I spend those 2 points in the tank tree ASAP or after I have hit my top Vigilance ability?

Well, here is another vote of encouragement for you Vastor. I want to DPS but I *really* want to wield a single lightsaber, so I am leveling a Jedi Guardian. I also will be unable to dedicate the time to be a serious theorycrafter.

As a result, your guidance is invaluable to me. I would love to see you create a full-fledged guide to Vigilance DPS.

Also, if you have a chance, I wonder if you could throw out some advice on how to prioritize spending the points as you level, i.e., should I spend those 2 points in the tank tree ASAP or after I have hit my top Vigilance ability?

I support this guy's request

Edited by VenomSdM

What is the difference between Focus and Vigilance tree ? I've always thought Focus to be a crit-hit thing but this Vigilance is all too new to me. I'm retalenting (if possible) my 36 level Tank Guardian into DPS just and only because I find it very hard to solo quests etc. as I am right now.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.