Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

so we are taking the ability to respec out too? since that also goes against the entire point of an rpg.

no because it costs something to do it, all the time not a one time charge. Also it still mean you need to be serious about doing it in that case and your decision will matter not " i feel like deepsing today... or i feel like healing later today.... eh idc i can do it all...

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because perhaps BioWare wants to challeng you with a series of encounters within one raid zone, where you have to compete without an optimal set up.

Perhaps they stagger bosses in a raid zone so that they require different optimal set ups for that reason.

Perhaps they want guilds to spend more than 3 weeks clearing a raid zone - so their content lasts a little longer and the player base isn't screaming we need more content!

Just a few thoughts.

the game requiring people do actually work.... you mean this isnt wow?

so we are taking the ability to respec out too? since that also goes against the entire point of an rpg.

Its in there to quell everyone of the people who, for whatever reason, are unable to play their specs. Its also designed to limit the amount of time people do that to keep people in their specs.

I think there has to be a way to change specs to see what each spec can do before you stick with the one you like. That is, however, a far cry from switching at will to better fit the situation. I've said this before but if you want dual spec, please just ask for 1 tree that has all three specs crammed into it. Then give everyone double the talent points. Voila! You have successfully dumbed down the game.

Anyone who is against dual spec is simply unintelligent and incapable of critical thinking. Hell, I would go as far as simply saying THINKING in general. Dual spec would do nothing but make respecing, WHICH YOU CAN ALREADY DO, less annoying. That is the only impact it will have on the game.

Exactly!!!! YOU made that choice. Simply because you CHOSE to do something you admit you do not care for is absolutely zero reason to add anything to the game.

And I am sick to death of the notion that dual spec is "harmless" when it goes against the entire point of RPGs AND specs.

THIS is a 2012 mmo. People have adapted to certain features over the last couple years. dual spec is something that almost every mmo out right now has implemented... because the majority of people actually want it. I am 100% for dual spec.. it gives your character more choice and it makes u more versatile/useful to a group. People against this need to toughen up and stop trying to handicap the majorities playing experience.

Anyone who is against dual spec is simply unintelligent and incapable of critical thinking. Hell, I would go as far as simply saying THINKING in general. Dual spec would do nothing but make respecing, WHICH YOU CAN ALREADY DO, less annoying. That is the only impact it will have on the game.

Its funny that you call me unintelligent since you obviously failed to actually think your BS argument through. The ability to get gear is already in the game, but I find it "annoying" to get. I wish there was a way that I could spend a one time fee and just have the gear mailed to me. I mean its already in the game...

Just because YOU find something "annoying" does not mean jack friggen squat. You sir, need a rather large mirror to check out before you go name calling.

THIS is a 2012 mmo. People have adapted to certain features over the last couple years. dual spec is something that almost every mmo out right now has implemented... because the majority of people actually want it. I am 100% for dual spec.. it gives your character more choice and it makes u more versatile/useful to a group. People against this need to toughen up and stop trying to handicap the majorities playing experience.

No, people have been coddled to the point where instant everything and an all specs at anytime class is all they can function with. Quite a few people really dislike some of the "modern" ooh, shiny features that get you and people like you all confused when absent.

As you say, people need to toughen up and actually make a friggen choice and stop mewling every time something isn't delivered to them on a silver platter.

Edited by SlickDevlan

Its funny that you call me unintelligent since you obviously failed to actually think your BS argument through. The ability to get gear is already in the game, but I find it "annoying" to get. I wish there was a way that I could spend a one time fee and just have the gear mailed to me. I mean its already in the game...

Just because YOU find something "annoying" does not mean jack friggen squat. You sir, need a rather large mirror to check out before you go name calling.

Thank you for proving my point that people who are against this feature are unintelligent. That has to be one of the dumbest analogies I've read in a long time.

Exactly!!!! YOU made that choice. Simply because you CHOSE to do something you admit you do not care for is absolutely zero reason to add anything to the game.

And I am sick to death of the notion that dual spec is "harmless" when it goes against the entire point of RPGs AND specs.

And Devlan, how does this harm you exactly?

I've read your posts and you don't ever really specify why you think this is a bad idea, apart from saying you don't want people to have it and making generalized statements. Why?

You think that MY choice to dps in raids should somehow be punished, in the fact that respeccing system should never receive an upgrade, and those who choose a role need to stick with a role, or otherwise be inconvenienced by spending copious amounts of time respeccing, if they choose to enjoy a different style of gaming than you do? Very closed minded.

Believe it or not man, this game WILL evolve and will change. Systems like this one WILL get upgraded over time and dual spec may already be something BW planned on putting in, but was constrained by time. Us being vocal about it may only bring it a bit closer on the time table, which is why we post.

There are many reasons why this upgrade to the system would make the game much more fun and enjoyable for many of us. Why do you think that this "goes against the entire point of RPGs AND specs"? And let's assume that it even does, why should that even apply to this game?

Psion

P.S. BTW, dual speccing is nothing new in RPGs, seen it many times. It's very helpful and I can pretty much guarantee you that you would be using it as well, and be happy to have it. ;)

Thank you for proving my point that people who are against this feature are unintelligent. That has to be one of the dumbest analogies I've read in a long time.

Its the same stupid analogy you people keep spewing whenever someone questions you about it. Its idiotic because you could claim that any number of things "already exist in game" but you just want to do it in a less "annoying" way.

Read it twice, read it slowly...you may yet comprehend.

No, people have been coddled to the point where instant everything and an all specs at anytime class is all they can function with. Quite a few people really dislike some of the "modern" ooh, shiny features that get you and people like you all confused when absent.

As you say, people need to toughen up and actually make a friggen choice and stop mewling every time something isn't delivered to them on a silver platter.

You know... if the talent system in this game was different/unique I may tend to agree. BUT swtors talent system is so similar to WOWs that u are forced to pick certain abilities in ur tree if u wanna be viable in any endgame stuff.

I've read your posts and you don't ever really specify why you think this is a bad idea, apart from saying you don't want people to have it and making generalized statements. Why?

You think that MY choice to dps in raids should somehow be punished, in the fact that respeccing system should never receive an upgrade, and those who choose a role need to stick with a role, or otherwise be inconvenienced by spending copious amounts of time respeccing, if they choose to enjoy a different style of gaming than you do? Very closed minded.

Believe it or not man, this game WILL evolve and will change. Systems like this one WILL get upgraded over time and dual spec may already be something BW planned on putting in, but was constrained by time. Us being vocal about it may only bring it a bit closer on the time table, which is why we post.

There are many reasons why this upgrade to the system would make the game much more fun and enjoyable for many of us. Why do you think that this "goes against the entire point of RPGs AND specs"? And let's assume that it even does, why should that even apply to this game?

Psion

P.S. BTW, dual speccing is nothing new in RPGs, seen it many times. It's very helpful and I can pretty much guarantee you that you would be using it as well, and be happy to have it. ;)

Dual Spec was introduced to the MMORPG genre - April 14th, 2009. For 15 years prior to that it did not exist. MMO's were better prior to 2009. Dual Spec was a mistake made in this industry, not an advancement.

Sure - it makes things more conveinent. sure it makes things faster. It also makes the game feel less epic. It also lessens your identity with your role/character. It also lessens your need to interact outside of your own little social bubbles.

you people are all lazy...level up another toon.

its in biowares best interest to NOT allow dual spec. there is a reason you have 8 character slots per server. having to level up another toon increases your overall play time. also, you CAN respec in the current system.

if you have 2 level 50 toons, you wont have to respec as often.

go level another toon like all the other people that arent on here crying about this. bunch of babys.

Why not take the respec option away then too?

I'm sure if one has time to level 2 toons for different specs, its not a problem to level third if person wants change few talents points.

If you don't care to do that, you're just lazy.

After seeing today post about LV50's AFK looting chests on Illum, I started thinking, perhaps they are not "gold sellers".

But just peoples who love game and actually need money for respeccing, due they don't have time grind 24/7 and cover respeccing costs. Due game has obvious heavy grinding down time.

Not everyone could afford that.

So dual speck would be solution that peoples actually could do something interesting, what they like to do, instead grinding respeccing and repairing costs.

Just a thought.

Psion

I just said why. It trivializes specs almost to the point of making them entirely worthless.

You may be right, BW may cave to the folk unable to function in dual spec-less game. If so, I'm sure that I will, like the other dual spec abortion games I've played become bored and move on. You guys can then frolic to your hearts content switching specs like its nobody's business. Until then, I would like to keep liking this game. And that means no dual spec, no cross server LFD, none of the other "features" that took WoW from a cool game to a mindless instance queue aimed at grades K-5.

Edit: Yes, your CHOICE should have consequences. Did the game somehow screw something up because you CHOSE to play with that guild?

Edited by SlickDevlan

Your respec cost gets reset after a week of not respecing....so I don't see the need for dual spec yet.
I do: the ratio of roles aren't the same between 16 man, 8 man, and 4 man content, so a team of 16 has to respec or sit people out. Either of those are unacceptable solutions.

I loved Rifts soul system. Allowed me on my rogue to fulfill three roles in a group. I could DPS, support, and tank. Being able to swap specs saves time when trying to fill out a group for a flashpoint or ops. No healer? Let me just spec out of DPS and into heals for the group. No tank? One sec... bam... instant swap!

Now, the other thing that needs to implemented with this is an ability to swap out equipment sets on your character. I'd really start to hate individually going through my inventory swapping out my equipment to match the new spec I switched to.

One other note... reduce the cost of swapping specs... why do they penalize people for wanting to try multiple specs (100k a swap is $$$$).

Its the same stupid analogy you people keep spewing whenever someone questions you about it. Its idiotic because you could claim that any number of things "already exist in game" but you just want to do it in a less "annoying" way.

Read it twice, read it slowly...you may yet comprehend.

No, it's idiotic because getting gear in this game is the entire point of mmos. It's also supposed to take effort while being FUN. Right now there is a feature in the game called respec. You pay credits and boom, you can respec. The act of paying credits is meaningless because credits fall from the sky in this game and you don't actually need them for anything other than a mount, and clicking on an npc to respec is also an incredibly easy task. There is nothing challenging or hard about respecing there for your analogy is completely moronic and makes zero sense.

People who want this feature are already respecing. Anyone who wants the feature is already doing it. Get that in your head right now. A pewney fee of credits and a shuttle to the fleet isn't deterring anyone who wants to respec from respeccing. All it's doing is annoying them. Because it's an incredibly tedious task. This is why putting in dual spec would do nothing to do the game but make people happy who want the feature and idiots, such as your self, froth at the mouth even though it effects you in no way.

Edited by Griminal

I just said why. It trivializes specs almost to the point of making them entirely worthless.
In what way? I mean, you're just saying it but that seems to be totally false to me. I can't think of a single way that having dual spec trivializes spec that doesn't already exist due to the ability to respec.

You may be right, BW may cave to the folk unable to function in dual spec-less game. If so, I'm sure that I will, like the other dual spec abortion games I've played become bored and move on. You guys can then frolic to your hearts content switching specs like its nobody's business. Until then, I would like to keep liking this game. And that means no dual spec, no cross server LFD, none of the other "features" that took WoW from a cool game to a mindless instance queue aimed at grades K-5.

I've seen dual spec in two games, both got extremely dull extremely fast.

Just fyi, poo flinging doesn't actually make your opinions into fact. It just makes it look like you have an irrational fear of it and can't come up with a valid intellectual reason against it.

That sounds like a game issue, not a spec issue.
so? It's still a reason that I see the need for dual spec.

I highly prefer "bring the person, not the toon" ... dual spec allows that, regardless of the ratios required by the raid content.

In what way? I mean, you're just saying it but that seems to be totally false to me. I can't think of a single way that having dual spec trivializes spec that doesn't already exist due to the ability to respec.

Just fyi, poo flinging doesn't actually make your opinions into fact. It just makes it look like you have an irrational fear of it and can't come up with a valid intellectual reason against it.

Every argument you make centers around 2 selfish points:

1. I want this to be easier for myself and my group.

2. I want this to be faster for myself and my group.

Perhaps BioWare doesn't want to make their game easy for you.

Perhaps BioWare doesn't want you burning through content at a record pace

Perhaps BioWare wants you to include others from outside your little clique

A few thoughts

No, it's idiotic because getting gear in this game is the entire point of mmos.
False. It's why you play MMO's ... it's certainly not why I play mmos, or some other people play MMOs.

Yahtzee had a really good comment on that attitude in his wow review.

Note, I agree that putting in dual spec would do nothing to the game but make those who'll use it happy, and those who don't use it and aren't affected by it in any way unhappy. But since the latter are being totally irrational, I'm not really concerned about them.

Coming up with a valid intellectual reason would imply he had any intellect to being with...