The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Iokath Mission: Powering Up The Weapons Factory -- Companion Swap

Xina_LA

So my smuggler went into the Iokath factory on a mission with her favorite buddy, the Gamorrean companion at level 50.

I carried five little glowing balls to their destination to power up the factory as an Iokath remote.

When I got back, Theron Shan was my companion.

What the heck?

This also happened on a different day with my Sith who suddenly switched from Lana Beniko to Theron.

I like Theron, don't get me wrong, but where in the heck did he come from?

I'm not sure if it matters, but this was on the Satele Shan server, and both the Gamorrean and Lana were set to Heal.

Edited by Xina_LA

Why can't I do Iokath dailies with someone other than Theron?

When did this happen?

It used to be that the only companion restrictions were during the story.

(Assuming they're not locked/unavailable for some reason.)

I've been grinding Iokath for months to get decos and never had this problem before.

Edited by Xina_LA

Why can't I do Iokath dailies with someone other than Theron?

When did this happen?

It used to be that the only companion restrictions were during the story.

(Assuming they're not locked/unavailable for some reason.)

I've been grinding Iokath for months to get decos and never had this problem before.

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is a bug that was introduced in one of the recent updates. Like you, I have had it happen on several different characters, Imperial and Republic. I'm guessing SteveTheCynic's basic point is right--the game thinks we are playing through the story rather than the dailies, so it summons Theron back after the factory is powered up. I hope it turns out to be easy to fix; it's not a big deal to me, but it's definitely annoying.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...