The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Proficiency

What do you say about the possibility of a Scoundrel buying a rifle proficiency on the CM, and/or any Bounty Hunter sub-class buying a Vibrosword proficiency?

From a game-mechanical pedantry point of view, it would be Techblade rather than Vibrosword (Vibroswords, as weapons, have "Force Power", which isn't useful for a Bounty Hunter, while Techblades have Tech Power). The big thing is that it might change the balance of power due to differences in the base damage of weapons.

They'd also need to run off a big set of stuff for how exactly 30 metre-range abilities (rail shot, etc.) would work for a character who's using a sword.

And animation sets for Scoundrel abilities with a rifle, since there aren't any at the moment, especially the ones where the Scoundrel uses a scattergun in his/her third hand, since the other two are busy holding the rifle.

And animation sets for Scoundrel abilities with a rifle, since there aren't any at the moment, especially the ones where the Scoundrel uses a scattergun in his/her third hand, since the other two are busy holding the rifle.

Third hand. Now that is just silly. Scoundrels would just use duratape to tape their scattergun to their rifle a la Ripley in Aliens.

OP, I would actually love it if my Scoundrel could use a melee weapon instead of punching people with their pistol.

Edited by ceryxp

Third hand. Now that is just silly. Scoundrels would just use duratape to tape their scattergun to their rifle a la Ripley in Aliens.

It was meant to be silly, sort of like my first driving test, in Endicott NY. I ended up at one point with one hand out the window making turn signals, one holding the steering wheel, and one working the stick shift.

Third hand?

A scattergun is a small shotgun, and pops into existence for certain Scoundrel abilities. If the Scoundrel has one hand on the main grip of the rifle, and one in front steadying it, if he or she uses one of those abilities, how exactly would it happen if the Scoundrel doesn't have three hands? (Aside from ceryxp's suggestion of taping it to the rifle.)