Guild and reward changes

karimthejedi

Hey guys, I was away for a few months and recently returned.

Is it true that if you switch guilds mid-week, while hitting the 50K goal for both the old and new guild (and assuming your new guild reaches their weekly goal too), you still don't end up getting the guild rewards at start of following conquest?

Essentially there seems to be a one week waiting period now before any of the above rewards can be earned per character.

Let me know if this is accurate and if there's any legitimate way around it, only for the purpose of me being a previously active member and needing to re-join my desired guild on each faction (I temporarily joined the quickest available guild to make sure I get the tech frags, etc) but I would prefer to be in my main guild without the one week waiting period.

Otherwise I shall wait, but any crucial updates would be appreciated.

Indeed. There is now a lockout period during the week that you joined a guild in which you will not contribute any Conquest points to the guild and won't get the guild rewards. So no more wild guild hopping.

The main reason why they changed it is because some big guilds started to employ a strategy where they mass invited new players at the beginning of Conquest week and kicked them shortly before review in order to farm Conquest points from them. Suffice it to say this was not a good look for new players who were constantly kicked from guilds and didn't get the guild rewards.

In addition to that if a guild is kicking a member, it will not retain the Conquest points from that member anymore. But if a member decides to leave a guild, the Conquest points he/she accumulated for the guild will remain on the ledger.

To round it all up, hitting the Invasion target for the guild will now be calculated at the end of the Conquest week during review and not already during a week. And finally, Conquest has been merged with the weekly quest reset timer so it won't start and end later anymore.

Edited by Phazonfreak