Shadow Infiltration using Defensive Implants?

Malleable

So I'm playing in a group of 4 Infiltration Shadows. I tend to be in the lead and semi-tanking. We all share damage, but I tend to be point on most things so I often take more damage than the others. Does it make sense to use some Defensive implants/gear rather than Force Lord Stuff? Or is it a waste if I'm not playing Kinetic?

Thanks,

Mal

It might make sense for the scaled, level 70 content; but the difference would be a small reduction in melee and ranged damage overall in a fight. It would be inadvisable for the level 75 content (everything starting with Meridian FP, Dxun and later.) Edited by mike_carton

So I'm playing in a group of 4 Infiltration Shadows. I tend to be in the lead and semi-tanking. We all share damage, but I tend to be point on most things so I often take more damage than the others. Does it make sense to use some Defensive implants/gear rather than Force Lord Stuff? Or is it a waste if I'm not playing Kinetic?

Thanks,

Mal

Hey there

So the only stat that is going to benefit you in DPS is Defense, as it's the only one able to protect you from physical damage no matter the class.

As for Shield and Absorb, they will not work on a dps class because you're using a Focus instead of a Shield in Mainhand. So it's absolutely wasted stats to invest in implants/enhancement.

Kinetic is the way to go if you want to be more tanky, with a shield generator and full dps gear is enough.

Otherwise, apply the golden rule of "enemy can't kill me if he's dead" and invest in more damage overall. If you're lvl75, invest in Death Knell set bonus, for both Kinetic and Infiltration, as it works well for both specs in terms of damage.

Supertimtaf,

So if one guy is using a shield, and duelist/defensive gear; and the other three guys using Focus, Force Lord/offensive, it should lower the damage of the tankish guy a little relative to the three offensive guys, and up his tankishness by a little, and the four guys can still bounce around aggro when necessary.

I normally agree with you about "it can't damage you if its dead" philosophy, but it seems the lead guy always ends up taking damage too fast with initial contacts - so just hoping for a little more breathing room.

But you suggest just using a Shield on the one guy, and Focus on the others, as being sufficient?

I guess I can play around a bit. I seem to be getting more than enough blue gear to test both.

Mal

Edited by Malleable
adding more