Watchman rotation

Nacixems

I only PvE and I'm level 26 Watchman, but here's what I role with:

Against normals enemies, I usually don't even bother with Overload Saber or Cauterize since the enemies die so fast. So it's Leap, Zealous Strike, Force Sweep and Slash, with Strike to fill the gaps when I need to build more focus.

Against elites/champs I go: Leap - Overload Saber - Zealous Strike - Cauterize - Master Strike - Force Sweep - Slash to open with, then I continue to cycle depending on cooldowns and Focus. Whenever I can use Overload Saber or Cauterize I do, then mostly fill the gaps with Slash, Riposte or Sweep (1 Focus) while OS and Cauterize are on CD.

I'll mix in Force Stasis to buy me a couple seconds for cooldowns and let Kira bash away. And once I get Pacify (can't afford it at the moment after dropping all my cash on a speeder), I'm certainly going to work that into the mix to help debuff my enemy.

If my life starts dropping to about 75 percent I'll put up Rebuke, at about 50 percent I'll pop Zen if its ready to get that heal and if it gets close to 25 percent I pop Saber Ward.

Really Blade Storm has been worked out of the mix mainly because it costs four focus. It is a bigger hit than Slash and has a chance to stun, but I never want to burn that much to use it unless I'm closing the distance on a new target. Leg Slash I almost never use and Crippling Throw I typically don't bother with either. Those seem to have more PvP utility than PvE.

I am only level 24 but this is the rotation I fell into:

Force Leap,

Rebuke (while leaping),

Overlord Saber,

Zealous Strike,

Cauterize,

Slash,

Then just Strike and Slash hitting Zealous Strike, Overlord saber, and Cauterize whenever they are off CD.

Edit: This is for PvE

Edited by mattnaik

If I have focus I start with overload, otherwise I open like: (At lvl 47)

Leap

Overload

Zealous

Cauterize

Merciless

Blade storm if I got focus from my burns

Master Strike

Then I prioritize burns, merciless, master strike, blade storm while force leaping and zealous striking to gain focus. I'll throw in an opportune strike if I can use it and everything else is on cd and my focus is fine.

Very rarely do I have to use Strike to build focus, and I use Slash only when I'm nearing focus cap and the rest of my abilities are on cd. That part I may be doing wrong though. It might be better to use slash over blade storm.

Force Leap > Overload > Zelous Strike > Cauterize > Merciless Slash(If Cauterize doesn't proc) > Slash(If Cauterize doesn't proc) > Strike (Until enough focus for Merciless Slash) > Merciless Slash > Slash

Basically you want to always have focus on your bar no matter what so when Cauterize or Overload saber get off CD or procs you can hit it. Also at the same time you want to put in as many Merciless Slashes and Slashed as possible to maximize your DPS. Use ZEN whenever it is up and use Zelous Strike and Force Leap as focus builders and Strike as your filler if no spells are off CD or proc.

Very rarely do I have to use Strike to build focus, and I use Slash only when I'm nearing focus cap and the rest of my abilities are on cd. That part I may be doing wrong though. It might be better to use slash over blade storm.

It is - Slash resets your cauterize.

Master strike is decent damage but doesn't build OR spend focus and so doesn't help w/ focus management, does not build centering stacks, and doesn't reset your burns. A strike + slash over the same amount of time as the channeled master strike does comparable damage and has a chance to reset your cauterize as well as building centering. Unless you're using master strike on a weaker mob to deal damage + the stun because you want to mitigate some of the incoming damage, I would drop it from your rotation. (Unless you're finding yourself with a dead three seconds somewhere? I've not experienced that kind of gap - a single GCD wasted is the largest I've had).

Edit: My rotation - Varies. I prioritize certain abilities. Other than predicatably leaping and overloading in air to open I flow with whatever abilities are up in the priority and depending on what burns are applied.

Something like this:

Cauterize>Overload Sabre>Zealous Strike>Merciless Slash>Slash>Force Leap>Strike

Depending on it the mob is one you absolutely need interrupts for on certain abilities I save force stasis as a panic button, if this is not required it is my go to focus builder before I use a second force leap.

Edited by shoveljon

Im 44, but I usually Force leap -> Overload Sabers -> Cauterize -> Zealious strike -> Merciless strike -> (If the target is not moving cast Master Strike here) -> (Strike -> Slash ->) repeat until Overload Sabers is off cooldown and repeat. The priority is keeping Merciless Strike buff up.

this is my rotation for pvp:

Leap, Cauterize (this is our dot, the sooner it hits, the better), Zealous Strike, Overload Saber, Leg Slash, Crippling Throw, Mercyless, Slash.

This is what i use as a base rotation. If i'm 1v1 it's more of a free style, depending on the oponent, but i always use Pacify early on.

• 2 months later...
yeah, reviving a really old topic. Was curious as to what people's thoughts were on Master Strike in the rotation, it seems like it doesn't mesh well with it since it doesn't build focus.

You can't think of Focus management in black and white terms. Master Strike doesn't build, or use Focus, but it does a very respectable amount of damage over a three second period. So say for the sake of argument, you have no Focus, and both Zealous and Leap (your main Focus generators) are roughly 3-5 seconds from being ready. Sure, you could Strike for craptacular damage and craptacular Focus, or you could MS for 3 seconds, keeping your DPS high and then having Zealous ready the instant MS is finished.

Finding ways to maintain high DPS while Zealous and Leap are on cd is important. Heck, even Stasis isn't a terrible way to generate Focus, mine does a minimum of 2k over three seconds, upwards of 3k with a few crits. If you Stasis while dots are ticking you can easily do 5-6k damage in that three second window, AND generate more Focus than a Strike.

*edit* However keep in mind with Stasis, you build three focus over three seconds, where you could Strike twice in that same time frame for four Focus, and roughly the same amount of damage.

Edited by Mal-Sharran

yeah, reviving a really old topic. Was curious as to what people's thoughts were on Master Strike in the rotation, it seems like it doesn't mesh well with it since it doesn't build focus.

Think of Master Strike this way: It's a free skill which passively contributes to Focus because it's 3 seconds (or 2 global cooldowns) that you aren't *spending* any, and you'd be 1.5 seconds closer to getting Zealous Strike back up again.

At least, this is the way I look at it.

Edit: Ninja'd, much more eloquently too :\

Edited by Ranseur

PVE: I open up on the Normal/Strong mobs with the standard Watchman rotation. If there are more than one mob nearby, I'll do a Force Sweep then tab over to the next enemy and give him a Pommel Strike then switch back to finish off the first enemy then switch to the second and finish him off. By that time, I'll waltz over to the next mob and use Merciless Strike or Master Strike to take him out. :D