Biochem Crew Skill Addition?

AmorandaAdamah

Gotta be honest here.... I find Biochem so boring... I mean, who wants to purchase a boost that only lasts 15 SECONDS?

Isn't there anything else we can add to that Crew Skill that would be more interesting?

Perhaps they can craft some sort of healing stats/attributes that Armormech or Synthweaving can pick up and add to their armor making....

Just a thought.

Gotta be honest here.... I find Biochem so boring... I mean, who wants to purchase a boost that only lasts 15 SECONDS?

PvPers and hardcore raiders that need a kick during specific moments of their play.

Isn't there anything else we can add to that Crew Skill that would be more interesting?

Perhaps they can craft some sort of healing stats/attributes that Armormech or Synthweaving can pick up and add to their armor making....

You mean, just like the adrenals you can craft that increase your character's stats for several hours?

The problem with Biochem is not the lack of interesting things to craft, but that most of the content has not been designed around the max level of 75 and stats are practically meaningless unless you do Ranked PvP and the latest operation.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I use so many Adrenals during Operations that it is worthwhile for me to raise Biochem to 700 on those characters and get them reusable (MK-2) items. For characters that do Operations rarely, I make or purchase the BioChem items.

The Adrenals last for 15 seconds and the Stims last for 8 hours. So, one can play everything in the game with the Stim on; many DPS characters will need the Stim to achieve their Accuracy targets in PvP and Operations.

People certainly use Stims and Adrenals in the scaled, level 70 Operations. It is just that the Adrenal used by DPS in the scaled content is different from the one used in level 75 content.

In scaled, level 70 content the game only fixes the primary and secondary statistics (*); tertiary stats (Accuracy, Alacrity, Critical,...) are determined by the gear and consumables. All of the statistics are meaningful and can vary in the scaled, level 70 game based on the character's set up; the only exception is Power which is fixed by the game based on the character's location and is independent of the character's set up.

(*) Skipping details on that, for now.

Edited by mike_carton

How about give every crafting profession a craftable Tactical

For Biochem the tactical can be one which restores health on use, and has some kind of passive power boost

Don't know about a list of craftable Tacticals by profession, but BioChem does have a craftable Tactical: the highly valued Grit Teeth. It cannot be purchased; needs to be crafted.

Did you say health? Yeah, Grit Teeth helps with self-healing.

Edited by mike_carton