Spaceship Missions = Let's bring them back???!!!???

harmonichonda

Star Wars is based in a galaxy a long time ago, far away right?

I've been doing some casual reading with the new High Republic novels and some old xwing series books I found collecting dust. This got me to thinking about what Star Wars: The Old Republic was missing. Yes, we have Galactic Starfighter, which is fine & dandy. But wheres some of that old interaction with your personnel ship, the old hub of the game and your mode of travel through the galaxy?!

Did you know we have players entering the game for the first time, and some older players none of which know about the space ship missions? When informed about them, a typical reply leans towards, "What is the point in doing them, they don't offer anything for 75 content nor even conquest except a once daily?

They're right, but this is still part of the solo adventure and I'd like to see it brought into relevancy if possible.

Here are some brainstormed ideas:

1. Conquest additions? Why not, we get conquest from accidentally sneezing on tython with new characters?! Perhaps a weekly randomly drawn challenge with 3 tiers to do the operation missions that involve multiple space missions, then let us do those on each character, don't hold it down to just once per legacy. This game is an ALT-CENTRIC game by far! Perhaps this would give cybertech crafters something to craft again with the grade 4-7 items they can make & sell on GTN.

2. Achievements added, let's get folks doing these even if casually. Get some Kills out there, maybe some without losing shields, maybe more bonus missions or tiered missions.

3. Multiplayer-it. Bad english I know, but I hope the point carries here. How about allowing groups of 4 to launch the same mission from guild ship and compete with each other over kills, objectives, npcs, HP/SHIELD left over. Put this into the conquest lineup too and lets make a weekly and daily quest to pick up with the fleet terminals for it. Perhaps also some new 2d space missions that allow groups to take their space ships into it and work together to beat things.

4. Multiplayer-it + merge with GSF. So hear me out on this. What if we could take our personal ship or the Gravestone ship once earned into a 4-person Space battle vs NPCs for PVE aims but also teach folks how to use their ships for GSF. Allow the use of our GSF ships with modest upgrades/earnings inside too so we can get more doing GSF matches.

Anyways, I hope these ideas are found by the right crowd and given some thought. Star Wars the Old Republic is missing some end game stuff and guild-centric stuff in space all together from my perspective.

1 this would bring more content awesome

2 this would bring to life a dead aspect of the game no one does.

3 conquest additions awesome. Make the content worth while to actually do.

4 multi-player yeah man more things to do than flashpoints and heroics (bangs head on the desk I've done this 1000 times)

Great idea im in support of it. Make these dead modes actually worth it

But wheres some of that old interaction with your personnel ship, the old hub of the game and your mode of travel through the galaxy?!

Anyways, I hope these ideas are found by the right crowd and given some thought. .

I'm gonna take a wild guess that you completely missed my very similar thread posted a couple days ago--> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989175 :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder

I'm gonna take a wild guess that you completely missed my very similar thread posted a couple days ago--> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989175 :cool:

Aye merge these ideas developers, just give us some stuff with guild ships 2 + 4 man teams PVE space + merge in practice pve stuff for GSF or even super competitive, lets add some space stuff to the game darnit.

BTW the above post is again akin to the guild summits from 2012-2014...they need to roll out already