Make Deconstruction of Out-Leveled Armor and Weapons Avail To All Toons

AmorandaAdamah

I'm sure we'd have to take a closer look at this, but here's what I propose:

If a weapon or piece of armor drops and you don't need it, no matter your crew skill, you should have the choice to deconstruct whether bound or not. Selling to a vendor is convenient, (and selling a 'Binds on Equip" item on the GTN is fun), but sometimes I'd rather be able to add to my crafting materials/gain tech fragments.

Bound to Legacy, of course, would be the exception to this. The only way to explain this exception is that I like the idea of being able to stash away items in my Legacy Bank that one of my other toons could use.

:jawa_biggrin:

Level 75 gear (technically 268+, but there's only a few pieces of 268+ that aren't 75-only(1)) and a level 75 character ==> anyone can deconstruct for tech frags and either materials (if you know the crew skill) or jawa tokens (if you don't).

Sub-268 gear on any character ==> deconstruct for materials, but only if you are the right crafting skill.

Sub-75 character on any gear ==> deconstruct for materials, but only if you are the right crafting skill.

Which of the above are you trying to change?

They're unlikely to give Tech Frags for any deconstruction option that exists now and doesn't have them already, since it would be a license to turn credits (buy junk white gear on starter planets) and dead peeps (armed robbery of gonks on starter planets or capital worlds) into tech frags.

(1) Specifically the green 268 you get from the little mission-reward cans during Onslaught.

Level 75 gear (technically 268+, but there's only a few pieces of 268+ that aren't 75-only(1)) and a level 75 character ==> anyone can deconstruct for tech frags and either materials (if you know the crew skill) or jawa tokens (if you don't).

Sub-268 gear on any character ==> deconstruct for materials, but only if you are the right crafting skill.

Sub-75 character on any gear ==> deconstruct for materials, but only if you are the right crafting skill.

Which of the above are you trying to change?

They're unlikely to give Tech Frags for any deconstruction option that exists now and doesn't have them already, since it would be a license to turn credits (buy junk white gear on starter planets) and dead peeps (armed robbery of gonks on starter planets or capital worlds) into tech frags.

(1) Specifically the green 268 you get from the little mission-reward cans during Onslaught.

Not all of my toons can deconstruct. I'd like all of them to be able to do so (no matter their crew/crafting skill/ or level) with items that have dropped and are lower than what they already have, for a mix of Jawa junk or tech frags that can be used Legacy-wide. :jawa_biggrin: